BBBS Eratta

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
Building a Better Blues Solo

Lesson 2.12, DVD 4
The leading note for the solo is a 1 1/2 step bend to F. The tab and sheet music incorrectly show it as a full bend to E (three places in the score).

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Example 1.8 the tab shows a whole step tweedlie (575).  The video uses a half step tweedlie (565). 

Also the last note of the last bar of the top staff should be on the 3rd string  (not the 2nd string) 5th fret with a "Trovato tweak".

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Example 4.1 the tab shows a slide down from 8th to 7th fret on 3rd string.  In the video Steve does a pre-bend release at the 7th fret instead.

Example 4.3 the tab is correct but confusing.  The lick played for C7 is slightly different than that shown for G7 and D7 and is the one that Steve breaks down in the video.  Again the Steve plays a half step tweedlie in the video while the tab shows a whole step tweedlie.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Example 4.10 The "waterfall" lick is not exactly as shown in the tab.  After the 7th to 9th fret slide on the 3rd string, Steve plays with an upstroke the 1st and 2nd string at 10th fret followed by 9th fret on the 3rd string with a slide down to 7th fret and pulloff to 5th fret.  The end of the lick is a trill from the 5th to 7th fret on the 4th string (tab shows the lick ending on the 5th fret).

Example 4.12 There should be a note (3rd string 8th fret) after the intial 10th fret bend and a  double bend on 2nd string 13th fret instead of a single bend.

As a general note, many of the pulloffs that Steve plays are not shown in the tab.

DDiggler

Blues Newbie
I just finished the 1st section of shuffle blues.  I noticed the transcribed rhythm of many of the examples seemed wrong (or I called in sick on that music lesson).  It helped me to simply put forward slashes "/"  over the top of each note that received the down beat.  You should have 4 slashes per measure.  That way as you tap along you can visually see which note you should be on when your foot goes down.  I also annotated the triplets.

So far I'm liking the course.  I'm soooo glad there are no tutorials on hammer-ons, pull-offs, and pentatonic scales!  It seems with many courses you have to dig through a bunch of sand to find the gold nuggets.  This course has some very useful licks.  Thanks!

Jerry_C

That dude down in Memphis
I find it odd that the video of the shuffle blues solo ends after bar 37, and the last 3 bars on the tab are not played. I guess I can work it out myself, but I would like to see or hear bars 37-39 played.