Back to the beginning.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
That's the course I've been "working on" for some weeks now. I have almost half of Sitting Easy Blues memorized, none it playing well yet. Clear indication I need to be parked on this lesson until I get it down. :Beer:

LeftyJohn

West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK
Hey great to have some company in the BBG forums! Looking forward to hearing some recordings. :)

Regards, John

Bob630

Blues Newbe
That's the course I've been "working on" for some weeks now. I have almost half of Sitting Easy Blues memorized, none it playing well yet. Clear indication I need to be parked on this lesson until I get it down. :Beer:

I am going to do the same, especially the counting part. Griff knows what he is talking about when it comes to counting. Smart guy.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I am going to do the same, especially the counting part. Griff knows what he is talking about when it comes to counting. Smart guy.

Yep. I'm working to memorize the notes of the song, both in my head and in my fingers, so then I can focus on counting and playing them in the right places. I learned right away trying to count when I don't have the notes down cold was beyond me.

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Yep. I'm working to memorize the notes of the song, both in my head and in my fingers, so then I can focus on counting and playing them in the right places. I learned right away trying to count when I don't have the notes down cold was beyond me.

Somewhere sometime I read or heard Griff say you work on a piece until you own it, I think that is what you are doing and what I plan to do.

ScottMFL

Blues Newbie
Nice to know others are here. It will be awhile before I ready to post any recordings. I am looking forward to it though.

You are not alone. I too am working my way through BBG. A bit further along but I probably started before you did. Now working on strumming. For awhile Sitting Easy Blues was a part of my warm up. It’s since been replaced by Full Out Blues.

Tom45

Blues Newbie
You are not alone. I too am working my way through BBG. A bit further along but I probably started before you did. Now working on strumming. For awhile Sitting Easy Blues was a part of my warm up. It’s since been replaced by Full Out Blues.

You're going to love Fast Walking Blues as a warm up.

ScottMFL

Blues Newbie
You're going to love Fast Walking Blues as a warm up.

After looking at the tab I suspect that you are correct. Looking forward to adding this one into my daily routine. If the structure of the course holds, and I believe it will, what was once hard become easy. The harder lesson replaces the easier one in my warm up.

Wil take on the challenge of Fast Walking Blues when the time is right. Need to get strumming under my fingers first. Repetition of correct techniques = memorized. Still need some work on changing to the B7 but it was satisfying to pick up on my own a slight change in my hand position to make landing the chord in Full Out Blues (and in the strumming lesson) a bit easier for me. Now I need to get that position into memory.

Bob630

Blues Newbe
The first couple of lessons are pretty easy, then things get interesting. I would be interested in you do with counting out loud while playing.

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Cheers Bob. I’ll let you know how I get on this weekend. Have read the 1st chapter on Tab and real be starting the next lessons this weekend

Bob630

Blues Newbe
I wa just looking back at some of the older posts. It a little over 4 years ago that I first started BBG . Well goes around comes around, I hope this time I will stick with it to completion with no distractions.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I wa just looking back at some of the older posts. It a little over 4 years ago that I first started BBG . Well goes around comes around, I hope this time I will stick with it to completion with no distractions.

No distractions. Wow, I look forward to that state. :Beer:

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Right there myself, 1 and a 2 and 3 and a 4 and a...........

I know what mean. I can count out loud if I play slow enough for my brain to keep up but when I play Sitting Easy Blues even at the slow speed it is much easier to keep time by just listening to what I am doing. Maybe it’s an internal clock.