Bacchus Revisited (Jmin's band) Live, 8-13-22

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Nice! @jmin, you look so comfortable and at ease up there on stage, like you were born to it. Excellent! :thumbup::thumbup:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Whoa, did not know we had that level of talent in the BGU group. Brings back a lot of memories from the '60s when I first attempted to learn to play guitar. West Coast was jumping with SURFING music then. My friend started me on Wipe Out and Walk Don't Run, and a couple of others from that era. :)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Whoa, did not know we had that level of talent in the BGU group. Brings back a lot of memories from the '60s when I first attempted to learn to play guitar. West Coast was jumping with SURFING music then. My friend started me on Wipe Out and Walk Don't Run, and a couple of others from that era. :)
Thanks TexBill! Not so sure about the talent level, maybe more persistence than anything! (I have been learning here at BGU for nearly 10 years!). If you want to hear some real talent, check out "Other member recordings" and the "Virtual Jam Room."
Funny you should mention surf! Back in the early '70's I was in a high school "Surf" band! We did 50's and Surf.
I've now, after 50 years, made it to the '60's! (Slow learner)

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Thanks TexBill! Not so sure about the talent level, maybe more persistence than anything! (I have been learning here at BGU for nearly 10 years!). If you want to hear some real talent, check out "Other member recordings" and the "Virtual Jam Room."
Funny you should mention surf! Back in the early '70's I was in a high school "Surf" band! We did 50's and Surf.
I've now, after 50 years, made it to the '60's! (Slow learner)
Not believing "Slow Learner" for one millisecond. I watched you playing at the Country Club gig videos thanks to MikeR. I have struggled to reach the level I was playing in mid '60s on electric guitar. My friend from Hi School was lead in a small group at the time and they played mostly R&R with a hint of country thrown in on occasion. Thanks for suggesting "Other member recordings" and the "Virtual Jam Room.". i will visit those and let you knoe if I agree with your assessment of "Talent".

I had a work schedule conflict, so I had to quit lessons. You may have heard of my friend. He was Bugs Henderson, and had been playing mostly blues at his untimely death. We had drifted apart over the years mainly because of my military service and living in many distant locations. I did see him perform live 2 or 3 times after moving back to Texas.

The style of your playing reminded me of the way I knew when he was young. He changed ever so slightly after moving to the blues. Mostly in lead play with bends and licks more suitable to the blues. Keep up the great playing. If Griff has a BGU event in North Texas, maybe we could meet. Stay safe. Talk soon.