Awright: I'm done messing around

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I "officially" started BBG2.0 today. Last time I began it I was put off because right off the bat I was needing to memorize licks and at my stress level I just couldn't deal.

My stress level has gone way down recently and this morning as I was going through the initial four licks I was also recognizing how they fit in the E minor pentatonic (with that fun major 3rd G# thrown in now and then for flavor) and it things began making lots more sense—in fact, I expect soon enough I'll be told those licks that use the major 3rd will only fit over the I chord, a thing I picked up from the HTJBA course.

Enough chasing squirrels, enough with the fear and excuses. BGU NE will be here before I know it and I need to drift away from my current diet of pop and folk hits and starts meself on some bL00ze larnin'. In betwixt hoisting rounds I do need to be able to play something. :Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Still working on The Sitting Easy Blues. I’m finding that both counting the proper beat and remembering the notes is quite challenging. That’s good, it means I’m exercising mental muscles that need work. :Beer:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Wait your a blues hound wanna be and the sitting easy blues is not easy?

Just messing with you ... what exactly is the sitting easy blues sorry not familiar with that.

Dang man you have almost 5k messages here since Nov 13 2017 that's like 10ish a day? ( Still messing with ya ... )

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Wait your a blues hound wanna be and the sitting easy blues is not easy?

Just messing with you ... what exactly is the sitting easy blues sorry not familiar with that.

Dang man you have almost 5k messages here since Nov 13 2017 that's like 10ish a day? ( Still messing with ya ... )

It’s the first full practice song in the Beginning Blues Guitar course. Playing on the porch style with chords for call and little solo bits for response.

Yeah, I have been known to get gabby here. :confused:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Hey Mark- after getting through the "rhythm" parts of BGU (about half way), I went back and worked on BBG. I did a recording of Sittin Easy on 12 string. I had a tendency to rush against the click track and had to constantly pull back a little on the tempo. Maybe you can do better. Itis a good exercise in mixing chords with single note phrases.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o3yuxhhrqyv7m0/sitting easy12.mp3?dl=0

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Still working on Sitting Easy. I'll drop a dime on myself and admit I haven't been practicing for shite in a while so the slow progress is my own doing. Gotta knuckle down. :confused:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Still working on Sitting Easy. I'll drop a dime on myself and admit I haven't been practicing for shite in a while so the slow progress is my own doing. Gotta knuckle down. :confused:

I went to a couple of Griff's events, which were great, and for some reason (demands of work and family) haven't been working on lessons

I am also trying to get up the nerve to do a solo acoustic Open Mic.
which you do, to your credit