August OC Jam Video

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Here are a few videos from last week's jam in Orange County. As it turned out, there were only three BGUers consisting of myself, John Hyans, and Straightblues. We met up with members of a local band (Chris, Brion, and Mad Dog Mike) that joined us, along with my old friend Tom, who plays really great slide guitar. Here are a few videos. I made the mistake of having them turn on the colored stage lighting, so its a bit hard to see.

If playing with people better than you leads to progress, I should have made a huge jump last weekend playing with this group! I will try to post more when I have time to go through them all.

Outside Woman Blues - Led by Chris with Brion and Mad Dog Mike on bass and drums. WIth the exception of my playing through a couple breaks, this was a really fun cover of the Cream version. I'm on the far left, with Tom behind me on slide.

Thrill is Gone -- Led off by Chris, with Brion and Mad Dog Mike from his band, me on the left and John Hyans on the right.

Messin with the Kid, led off by StraightBlues (Stevie), John Hyans to his right, me on the far left. Chris on guitar, Brion on bass, and Mad Dog Mike on drums.