Are You (an original)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
You're gonna love me Moto.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Got my headphones sorted. It had been so long since I used them, I had forgotten that I had muted them on the focusrite interface.:rolleyes:

Anyway......, it sounds great on my studio monitors......, and sounds like it could do with a bit more bass when I listened on the phones.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Have you listened to it in the car? I find that to be a pretty good gauge for an 'average' listening environment.

Sorry for messing with your head.:whistle:

MarcV

Blues Junior
Hi Captain. Here is some feedback that is of no help. I have liked all of the versions.:(
Seriously though, I would agree with MM comment that in previous version bass seemed heavily "distorted", which I happen to love but may cause problems for some listeners. In this one the bass is still prominent and driving but a little cleaner.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
You're gonna love me Moto.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Got my headphones sorted. It had been so long since I used them, I had forgotten that I had muted them on the focusrite interface.:rolleyes:

Anyway......, it sounds great on my studio monitors......, and sounds like it could do with a bit more bass when I listened on the phones.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Have you listened to it in the car? I find that to be a pretty good gauge for an 'average' listening environment.

Glad you figure out how mute works! :ROFLMAO:
Good idea, haven't taken stuff out to the car in a while.
;)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hi Captain. Here is some feedback that is of no help. I have liked all of the versions.:(
Seriously though, I would agree with MM comment that in previous version bass seemed heavily "distorted", which I happen to love but may cause problems for some listeners. In this one the bass is still prominent and driving but a little cleaner.
Thanks for that ,Marc.
I appreciate the feed back.
(y)

Elwood

Blues
Moto, sorry I haven't gotten back on this, I got seriously sidetracked. o_O

You know I have "my own" ear, an eccentric one at that, but me .02 is that I miss the low end on the last revision. I hate to join the focus on the bass, but I do miss the LF good time feeling I get from the bass. If this makes sense to you, it doesn't seem like the lows were attenuated but rather some are missing altogether.

I'm afraid you are going to end up reciting quotes from Honest Abe..."you can please some of 'em, but boy the rest are going to howl" or something like that. :rolleyes:

I agree with Marc, you don't have a bad one in the bunch!!! :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Moto, sorry I haven't gotten back on this, I got seriously sidetracked. o_O

You know I have "my own" ear, an eccentric one at that, but me .02 is that I miss the low end on the last revision. I hate to join the focus on the bass, but I do miss the LF good time feeling I get from the bass. If this makes sense to you, it doesn't seem like the lows were attenuated but rather some are missing altogether.

I'm afraid you are going to end up reciting quotes from Honest Abe..."you can please some of 'em, but boy the rest are going to howl" or something like that. :rolleyes:

I agree with Marc, you don't have a bad one in the bunch!!! :Beer:
Thanks Spiderman!
:eek:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
My God, you set the bar high Cap'n! But that's a good thing, inspires me to try for bigger and better things. Regarding the mix, just fine to my old ears. Love that bass line.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My God, you set the bar high Cap'n! But that's a good thing, inspires me to try for bigger and better things. Regarding the mix, just fine to my old ears. Love that bass line.
Hey BigMike,
A high bar for me just might be right at your easy reach:sneaky:

Old Ears?......my high end hearing is gone, I'm always concerned I'm messing things up in the high end cause I can't hear it.

Thanks for the kind words.
I'm giving myself a 10.........
Guitar playing__2
Vocals________2
Song writing____2
Recording______2
Mixing_________2
===================
That equals_____10 don't? :ROFLMAO:

Elwood

Blues
I'm giving myself a 10.........
Guitar playing__2
Vocals________2
Song writing____2
Recording______2
Mixing_________2
===================
That equals_____10 don't? :ROFLMAO:

Now you have done it! (y) That phrase is a keeper for sure. :thumbup: I can just see that thing running through my mind when in the presence of one who might be a bit braggadocios, :rolleyes: and just busting out laughing at exactly the wrong time...great! :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

Well,
Gave a listen in the car today.
I was happy with the balance but, I really had to crack it up to hear it.
Must be time for some limiting.:oops: