Anyone here also subscribe to Guitar Techniques Magazine?

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
And have a copy of the March issue?

For no reason other than disorganization I let my subscription lapse. I have resubscribed but until it gets started again I have been swinging by Barnes and Noble and picking it up monthly. I just picked up the April issue and realized I missed the March one:mad:

The March issue has the article/blues lesson about Albert King which I wanted. I went to their website for back issues and they have the February and the April issues but no March!!! Apparently a lot of other people wanted the Albert King lesson!(y)

Does anyone have the March issue that you have finished studying? And would be willing to send to me? I, of course, am willing to reimburse you for the magazine and shipping.

If so, please pm me.

Rad

Blues Newbie
I’m bad, I stopped all my magazine subscriptions a number of years ago. They just seemed like a waste of a tree to me. The high gloss ones can’t be recycled so they just fill up land fills.

I do miss my lessons I was taking. I would show up to his house early and sit in his living room and read his 20, 30 and 40 year old guitar player magazines while waiting for my lesson. It was fun recognizing old issues I had.

good luck with your search

matonanjin

@Rad, for a long while I subscribed to just about every guitar rag available. Until I realized what you did. It was silly in the first place because I couldn't read them all and they were just piling up. And they weren't getting recycled. I know I subscribed to Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitarist and a couple others.

But I found Guitar Techniques different than the others. It is nothing but lessons. And there are no stories about personalities, no gear reviews, and almost no ads. I'm sure it's the only magazine I'll subscribe to. It's expensive, especially on this side of the ocean, but I think worth it.

Rad

Blues Newbie
@Rad, for a long while I subscribed to just about every guitar rag available. Until I realized what you did. It was silly in the first place because I couldn't read them all and they were just piling up. And they weren't getting recycled. I know I subscribed to Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitarist and a couple others.

But I found Guitar Techniques different than the others. It is nothing but lessons. And there are no stories about personalities, no gear reviews, and almost no ads. I'm sure it's the only magazine I'll subscribe to. It's expensive, especially on this side of the ocean, but I think worth it.

I will check it out....

I’m back. I checked it out, kinda cool, and there is a kindle version

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I will check it out....

I’m back. I checked it out, kinda cool, and there is a kindle version

I too think Guitar Techniques is a great magazine for the same reason already outlined. I haven't been getting it for a while as I have so many courses and lessons to choose from.

It may have changed but... As far as digital versions go, I believe they do not have the audio files available. In my eyes that is a disappointment. You might want to check on that, if you are considering a digital subscription.

matonanjin

It may have changed but... As far as digital versions go, I believe they do not have the audio files available. In my eyes that is a disappointment. You might want to check on that, if you are considering a digital subscription.

That was exactly my concern with the digital subscriptions. I'll look. But as you know Chris, to study the lesson one needs the lesson mp3's and the backing tracks.