Anyone else gotten this?

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I got an e-mail the other day about an online "Fingerstyle Summit" from someone named Tobias Rauscher. I had never hear of him or any of the people he mentioned so I googled him and he seems legit so I signed up for a free "ticket" to four webinars, I guess, each one being available for 24 hours after which they are gone forever.

I'm not sure if these are lessons or just demos but it seems that Finger-Style is something other than finger picking? Anyway I will get my acoustic and check this out but I think it may be over my head.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Never heard of him, but I'd say Finger-Style = finger picking.
4 free lessons? what could go wrong... except wasting a little time if he really sucks?
Otherwise, even if you only learn a little, it's a good thing.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
What Mike said. Never heard of the guy, but I'd at least half-watch the first one and see if there's anything useful in it. You might catch something in it that incorporates well with what Griff shows in ABGU.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Update: Since each of these sessions was only available for 24 hours I only caught two of them and at least both of these were really just teasers, interviews with the players who would be doing the lessons. To actually get to any real learning you had to purchase a "lifetime membership" to unlock the material. Probably not a bad deal for someone with a real interest in learning the techniques that were briefly demonstrated, a lot of tap playing, percussive stuff, etc. But for me it was mostly hype with no substance.