"another" upcoming "reunion" gig...

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
as a kid, I played in the typical 60's bands... after giving it all up for twenty plus years, I ended up playing rhythm guitar in a couple of blues bands...and helped put together a "reunion" gig of 4 high school bands a few years back...video in in the files...but not interested in doing a "working" band gig thing...been there, seen it and done it...

that being said, I got a call a few months back from one of my high school drummer.s..a pretty talented and fun guy...who wanted to put together something for his 50th class reunion...hence another "gig"...what started out as a few songs ended up more like 30+...check out the set lists...go figure...not all my choices but not my gig...

Set #1:
1) Givin' it Up for Your Love- C
2) Pride and Joy – E
3) Lodi – G Key change to A
4) Mustang Sally - C
5) Johnny Be Good - A
6) My Girl/Guy – D Key Change to E
7) Evil Way - Am
8) She's Tuff - A
9) Walls#3 - F
10) Angel From Montgomery - D
11) You Can't Do That – G

Set #2:
1) Shaky Ground - E
2) We Gotta Get Outta This Place - Bb
3) Before You Accuse Me – C
4) Tore down - C
4) Fast As You Can - E
5) Stumblin' - A
6) Sunshine of Your Love - D
7) Harvest Moon - D
8) Walk Softly on This Heart of Mine - A
9) I Saw Her Standing There - E
10) Breakdown - Am

Set #3:
1) Chain of Fools – Am
2) Take Me To The River - E
3) Gimme Some Lovin' - C
4) Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Am
5) Summer of " 69" - A
6) This Boy – C
7) Running Down a Dream -
8) Runaway - Am
9) Soul Kitchen – G
10) Let's Give Them Something to Talk About - G
11) Long Black Train – G
12) People Get Ready -> C

fortunately the bass player (drummer's son), keyboard player and female singer are all pretty talented so it leaves John (other guitar player) and myself not having to cover everything...

...plan on getting video and audio of the entire event...scheduled for Aug. 3...

and then to focus on the NE BGU Jam in NY...another set of songs to learn...it wouldn't be so much work if I hadn't been an idiot and got BACK into the tennis business...sometimes I'm too smart for my own good...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...later.

cowboy

david moon

Attempting the Blues
as a kid, I played in the typical 60's bands... after giving it all up for twenty plus years, I ended up playing rhythm guitar in a couple of blues bands...and helped put together a "reunion" gig of 4 high school bands a few years back...video in in the files...but not interested in doing a "working" band gig thing...been there, seen it and done it...

that being said, I got a call a few months back from one of my high school drummer.s..a pretty talented and fun guy...who wanted to put together something for his 50th class reunion...hence another "gig"...what started out as a few songs ended up more like 30+...check out the set lists...go figure...not all my choices but not my gig...

Set #1:
1) Givin' it Up for Your Love- C
2) Pride and Joy – E
3) Lodi – G Key change to A
4) Mustang Sally - C
5) Johnny Be Good - A
6) My Girl/Guy – D Key Change to E
7) Evil Way - Am
8) She's Tuff - A
9) Walls#3 - F
10) Angel From Montgomery - D
11) You Can't Do That – G

Set #2:
1) Shaky Ground - E
2) We Gotta Get Outta This Place - Bb
3) Before You Accuse Me – C
4) Tore down - C
4) Fast As You Can - E
5) Stumblin' - A
6) Sunshine of Your Love - D
7) Harvest Moon - D
8) Walk Softly on This Heart of Mine - A
9) I Saw Her Standing There - E
10) Breakdown - Am

Set #3:
1) Chain of Fools – Am
2) Take Me To The River - E
3) Gimme Some Lovin' - C
4) Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Am
5) Summer of " 69" - A
6) This Boy – C
7) Running Down a Dream -
8) Runaway - Am
9) Soul Kitchen – G
10) Let's Give Them Something to Talk About - G
11) Long Black Train – G
12) People Get Ready -> C

fortunately the bass player (drummer's son), keyboard player and female singer are all pretty talented so it leaves John (other guitar player) and myself not having to cover everything...

...plan on getting video and audio of the entire event...scheduled for Aug. 3...

and then to focus on the NE BGU Jam in NY...another set of songs to learn...it wouldn't be so much work if I hadn't been an idiot and got BACK into the tennis business...sometimes I'm too smart for my own good...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...later.

cowboy
pretty much the sound track of my life, but missing Jefferson Airplane and Grateful Dead

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
There are a few I don't recognize (by name), but I sure have played most of them over theyears.
Break a leg brother.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
So it happened last Saturday? How did it go?

it went fine...musically we had the normal few hiccups but overall pretty decent...had some electrical concerns (to be expected in an old ski slope lodge)...our audio and video recording were marginal at best...I'm trying to add some different audio tracks to the video...lighting was poor, thus video recording wasn't very good and the audio had too much crowd noise...something I've dealt with in the past...our FOH mix was probably decent but audio mic placement was questionable...and we couldn't record straight off the board...go figure...

bottom line is I'm still trying to "clean" it up as best possible...then I might share...later.

cowboy