Annie's Straight Down 6th Ave.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Great job Annie! Crisp, clean and clear. I was tapping my foot along and you were always right on the beat. Sounds good!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I don't have this course so I don't know what it is supposed to sound like. BUT, it sounds like a 3-beat measure, played with a shuffle feel, so you could call it 9/9. On some of the chord changes it's not clear whether the change is right on the down beat of the next measure, or whether it is on the and UH of the previous measure.

Does this make any sense?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I don't know what you are hearing David. She's playing what Griff calls "The most popular strum in the world". It's definitely 4/4.

I don't have the course either but I recognize the pattern from the strumming course. And this from the blog:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiOYS2vHbM[/media]

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Duh- my bad. I don't know what I was hearing. I first listened to it on an old, slow computer that sometimes stutters when streaming.

Annie- the rhythm is spot on. A couple issues getting some of the chords to sound cleanly, but you knew that. Better to make the transitions on time, with a little flub, than to hesitate.

jalapeno- thanks for the correction

Annie

On my way
Duh- my bad. I don't know what I was hearing. I first listened to it on an old, slow computer that sometimes stutters when streaming.

Annie- the rhythm is spot on. A couple issues getting some of the chords to sound cleanly, but you knew that. Better to make the transitions on time, with a little flub, than to hesitate.

jalapeno- thanks for the correction

I didn't want to spend much more time on this lesson so I know I could have improved on it. The next lesson has a D barre chord in it too. I will get another chance to get a grab on it and hopefully get better.
Thanks, Jalapeno for your support and compliments.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
That sounded pretty good to me! One thing my private instructor had me do was to take the BBG 6th string and 5th string bar chord lessons and combine them. He basically had me pick one and then play it through, but rather than playing all 6th string or all 5th string chords, I had to pick and choose the most conveniently located bar chord (5th or 6th string) relative to where I was on the fretboard.  That ended up being a really good exercise in remembering the note locations and critically thinking about how to economize motion.  Maybe something to consider after you finish the next lesson.