An interesting story about family and guitars.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Huell Howser had a television program I loved to watch, called “California Gold”. I never missed an episode. It was very educational, and was concerned with “the history of California”. For whatever reason, it was removed from the PBS line up, but found it's way to another channel on Comcast. Comcast being what it is, dropped it a few years ago. However, you can still view episodes on your computer from:

California’s Gold – Huell Howser Archives at Chapman University

Also, I just found out that episodes of the program are available on YouTube.

Yesterday, I found what to me is a new work done by Huell Howser, called “Visiting with Huell Howser”. This program is dedicated to southern California. I decided to watch this episode:

Visiting with Huell Howser: Candelas Guitars - YouTube

The story was created in 1995, and I was attracted to it because of the word “Guitars”. WOW! What a great story. My wife and I are still talking about the lessons we learned.

It is a great story about a family whose roots are in Mexico, and they move to Los Angles. Three generations are covered. They exercise together in the early morning, build guitars, run their business, and play guitars together after work. Such an inspiration! I enjoyed the piece of music they played together, a piece with many names, which I have played for over 60 years. Forbidden Games.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep7t2o91j7o5mxb/Forbiden Games.mp3?dl=0

Today, the eldest son, Tomas, runs the business.

HOME | candelas

Tom