Amazing Grace

jmin

Student Of The Blues
It's been a rather sad week for the BGU community, with the passing of Griff's father. When I sat down to practice my ABGU lesson, I remembered that this song was coming up, so I skipped ahead. I decided to play along with Griff in this one - feel free to join in. And if you don't know it, "just hum along" ...in honor of Griff's dad.

Amazing Grace

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Very pretty playing jimin and very appropriate under the circumstances. Great tribute...well done!

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It's been a rather sad week for the BGU community, with the passing of Griff's father. When I sat down to practice my ABGU lesson, I remembered that this song was coming up, so I skipped ahead. I decided to play along with Griff in this one - feel free to join in. And if you don't know it, "just hum along" ...in honor of Griff's dad.

Amazing Grace
Very nice balancing the chords with the melody. And for Griff.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Written around 1779 by a former captain of a slave ship who found religion, John Newton.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

ronico

rainyislandblues
Written around 1779 by a former captain of a slave ship who found religion, John Newton.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
Thanks David! That is some interesting history to a tune I've wept to more than once! And then there's "Danny Boy"....