Am I doing any harm if.....

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I like that idea of moving your favourite presets to the start numbers, how is something like that done, hope it's not complicated and do you lose any presets?
I didn't do any back-up. I just found one memory location to be a "place-holder" ... one with a high number. Then I manually did a "bubble sort" ... moving the old top one to the place-holder, moving the one I wanted at the top to the top, then moving the place-holder one to the location that I just got done moving to the top. It took me a couple hours. And lots of patience.
Here are my presets ... I only use the first 16 of them.
PRESETS.jpg
As you can see, they are by amp type ... not by song title or some other esoteric hard-to-remember name. And they are in the order of the amps I use most often. I hardly EVER use anything but the '65 Twin or Deluxe.

Last edited:

lola

Blues Newbie
I turn everything off! I am so used to doing this at the studio! When I leave my guitar for a BRB or whatever I flip the volume off on my guitar and put the amp on standby! I had a really traumatic episode when I was with another band! I didn't know and walked away without turning things off and the feedback was crazy. The other guitar player screamed at me about how I should know better! I later walked away from that band! How would I know though? I was brand spanking new to the band scene!

giayank

Just another day in paradise
What I do to arrange my presets on the mustang III v2

I use the fuse software most of the time while I practice. The presets I make up for myself I save on the PC. I leave the presets alone on the amp. To select either on your computer you choose which dropdown window to scroll through. So on the main screen of the fuse software where it says "new -open -import -save -delete" {upper left} you select PC. Make your preset . Name it and hit save. This works great for me . I'm usually on my computer when I practice and it's convenient for me to just do everything on the monitor. I was practicing the slow blues blueprint tonight and as I was watching the DVD I just click on the fuse software to change a setting to try and get a better tone. I don't have to get up or reach even for the amp. I really like the mustang III v2 I have and the fuse software is one of the reasons.