Acoustic?

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Maybe it's just me but Sitting Easy Blues and Full Out Blues sounds better on an acoustic than an electric. Any thoughts?

TK_T

Lovin' the journey!
Better late than never? LOL! I am learning the course on acoustics, I finally got past these two songs. I listen to a lot of blues to try to internalize how it should sound when I'm trying to play, and I'll say that to me, it's because the music originated on boxy old cheap steel string acoustics. I think there is a grunt and thump to an acoustic body that you get from the bass strings that is just more suited to traditional blues. I especially like my all solid mahogany short scale for practice. It's got a rawness that works great for the BBG tunes, and I'm sure when I get to BGU it will sound even better.

I love the sound of electrics too, it's just different.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Yep, tend to agree with those two particular pieces, however, I do try to play tune on a mix and one thing that is quite important if your using an electric for an obvious acoustic piece is to get the tone suitable. More often than not a clean tone is best, but I do like trying to mix things up. :)

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I love the sound of solid mahogany acoustic too. I bought an older Guild GAD25 and it was the only guitar I played in the local GC that rang my bell. The great bottom projection and volume is what hooked me. It will really bark some bass if you want it to.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I have a newer acoustic masterbilt I actually paid some money for, and those two songs sound better on my weird 1971 epiphone acoustic, this one sounds more, I guess twangy for some reason

Tom45

Blues Newbie
I've just learned these two solos and have been playing them on both electric and acoustic guitars. The acoustic does sound better but I was able to get a nice clean tone on my electric that sounded pretty good also. I used my Yamaha THR10c amp with the "flat" amp setting which I thought sounded better than the "acoustic" setting. These two solos were easier to learn on the electric guitar but it took a lot more effort and practice for the acoustic.