Acoustic vs Electric

Cliffm

Blues Newbie
i have received

Blues Guitar Unleashed and wonder if it is good for acoustic as well as electric?

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Sure. Although the ABGU is much better for the acoustic. They both are for the guitar so it works. The difference is the ABGU will focus more on the nut to the 12th fret with less and smaller bends (maybe 1/2 step if at all). The BGU will focus on rhythms higher up the neck, lead kinda stuff above the 12th fret and bigger bends (full step bends and maybe 1-1/2). Both are great courses and you should eventually get both.

BGU is more about things you need to know to play with other people. You can do all except the solos lessons on either electric or acoustic guitar. The string bends are the primary reason you wouldn't want to do the solo lessons on an acoustic guitar.

ABGU is more about playing alone. You can do every ABGU lesson on either electric or acoustic guitar. I think they sound better on an acoustic though.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
i have received

Blues Guitar Unleashed and wonder if it is good for acoustic as well as electric?
You posted this in BBG, not BGU. If you actually have BBG (Beginning Blues Guitar) many of the lessons are down at the nut and do not have bends that will be difficult on acoustic.

If you have BGU then some things will get difficult on an acoustic.