Acoustic setup?

patb

Blues Junior
I started Acoustic BGU so pulled out the rig , an Ibanez Artwood circa 2002. I replaced the strings with D'Addario Nickel Bronze 11 / 52. I'm getting buzzing at the 3rd - 6th frets, mostly on the G, B and low E.
The neck relief is approx. .04. measured fret 7 ( 1 to 14, neck heel).
String height;
Low E at 1st fret = .020, 12th fret = .100.
High E at 1st = .020 12th = .075
The bridge is arched as the fretboard, string 1 ht is .045. Str 6 ht = .065.
This feels odd as the Gibby elec. is neck at .08 and strings at 12th = .045
I want to chord, pick and slide it. I know the slide will be a challenge but that is a small part of the play and usually at fret 5 or higher. I just need to improve slide technique.
Is this a case of operator error wimpy fingers or does it need a setup? I don't know much about setting up an acoustic beyond the truss rod ( raised the neck relief some time back) and maybe the bridge is shimmed up. I have never pulled out the bridge.
Appreciate an help.
Thanks, Pat

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well, I can never tell diddly-squat from measurements and supposed "specs", never pay any attention to them. It's all about feel and how the guitar actually plays. Since it's an acousitc and you can't do anything with individual string saddle height, about all you can do to relieve buzzing is increase the neck relief or shim up the bridge. As far as I know. On the other hand, it may be the frets themselves. But I am a certified acoustic dumbkowski.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
If the buzzing is in the middle of the neck try to reduce releif not increase it, It sounds counter intuative but the more relief the steeper the angle from a fretted note in the middle of the neck to the bridge. if the open strings then start to buzz lift the action a tad until it stops.

cheers

Al.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Seems to me that a couple of high frets are the likely problem.

Assuming the neck is not twisted or otherwise misshapen, I would straighten it (flatten it) and run a straight edge over the frets and see which one(s) may be high, then either dress them yourself or have it done.

Once the frets are level, THEN you can deal with string height and saddle adjustments.
But if you have random high frets and don't deal with them, you'll be dealing with buzz issues forever.