ABGU or Jam The Blues Alone?

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I'm sure we all know, got the email from Griff, that Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed is on sale. And one gets Acoustic Delta Blues Slide Guitar as a bonus. But what I want to do is, as the name suggests, Jam the Blues Alone on Guitar on my porch. Actually, in my music room.

I have no doubt that ABGU with the bonus Slide course is a better deal. But value aside which course is better to get started with playing some acoustic blues? Can anyone contrast the two courses? Anyone have them both that can suggest?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
"How To Jam" is about what to play when you’re playing some blues unaccompanied. You’re doing all the rhythm and lead yourself.

ABGU is about how to play; lessons on technique, rhythm, scales, theory, etc.

If you already know “how” and just want to get started and put some licks, turnarounds and rhythm figures together, "How To Jam" is exactly that. 100% examples of things to play.

"How" in this case refers to how to put it all together.

You can find all the details for each in the course catalog.

Here's a link with a rundown of how the course works (reply #2):

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/for...how-to-jam-the-blues-alone.27240/#post-382139

Last edited:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Thanks @Paleo. Good, logical explanation. I need to know "how" at this point and went ahead with ABGU. Should I make any progress I'll worry about "what" later.