ABGU mp4 video audio not synchronized

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I didn't see any posts mentioning this so it must be my own issue. The audio of the ABGU mp4 videos doesn't seem to be synchronized properly when played with Quicktime, VLC, or my Transcribe! software. This really became a problem with the Basic Timing (Lesson 4). When I stream the video the synchronization is fine. I haven't had this issue with the videos from any of Griff's other courses. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Just played my copy without any problems in both VLC and Quicktime running OS 10.6.8 on my old MacBook.

I downloaded the video over 4 years ago.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hmmm. I just downloaded the lesson again.

When I click on the scroll bar (in VLC) to jump ahead, it gets all whacky.

When I do that with my original, it stays in synch not matter where I jump forward to. o_O

Has something changed in the last 4 years?

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Funny you mention that Paleo. When I first downloaded the course, the files were quite small and I noticed that the on-screen tab was a little blurry. I don't remember why, but I re-downloaded the course and the files were much larger and the resolution much better. But it's these higher resolution files that don't synchronize for me. The smaller files that I downloaded first seem to be OK.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I downloaded ABGU yesterday, and using VLC, it starts out ok, and then it is totally flakey! :( My DVD's are somewhere in the garage, and I will not be getting to them any time soon.

Tom

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I didn't even notice yesterday, but the new file is 631.3 MB and the old is only 153.6 MB.

It starts out fine.

I didn't watch it continuously to see when things turn whacky 'cause it's almost an hour long.

But it was obvious when I jumped ahead.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
So the original files I have from 4 years ago are 360dpi. I just downloaded the ones from the portal and they are 720. This is why they look sharper than the originals. Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the rerender and I'm seeing the same jurliness and out of sync that you are reporting. Maybe @Griff can have a look. Though interestingly streaming the video from the member portal appears to be the 720 version but doesn't have any issues. I tried AVS media player and VideoSurgeon.

cheers

Al.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
@Griff, will probably need to look into this.
The videos play just fine streaming, but I'm getting the same problem when I download them then try to play them.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
It certainly is possible there is a glitch in that one, or it has become corrupted.

I'll take a look and see what's up. In the meantime, the quick fix is I can download the Vimeo version and replace the download with that copy since we know it's correct.

Griff

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
It certainly is possible there is a glitch in that one, or it has become corrupted.

I'll take a look and see what's up. In the meantime, the quick fix is I can download the Vimeo version and replace the download with that copy since we know it's correct.

Griff

I'm finding the same problem with several files that I checked.