ABGU Lesson #26 - Jazzy G Blues with walking bass line

jmin

Student Of The Blues
...pushing on through. I liked this lesson. Griff de-mystifies the walking bass line and provides a nice little 12 bar to work on. I added a little chord intro to get me going...thanks for listening!

Jazzy G Blues

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Hey jmin. No video?
That was really nice playing. I haven’t even peaked that far into the course so I don’t really know anything about it except, you make it sound really good...including that intro you added. I really like the tone of that guitar too. But I like how you keep it quiet from your fingers sliding on the strings even more. Great job. I’m going to go have a quick preview of this lesson but I’m sure you’ve done it justice.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey jmin. No video?
That was really nice playing. I haven’t even peaked that far into the course so I don’t really know anything about it except, you make it sound really good...including that intro you added. I really like the tone of that guitar too. But I like how you keep it quiet from your fingers sliding on the strings even more. Great job. I’m going to go have a quick preview of this lesson but I’m sure you’ve done it justice.

Thanks Ivan! I apologize for not doing a video, but I was trying to get this wrapped up for the AAP Hotseat session with Griff this morning...
After I posted this and listened, I realized that I didn't know the proper technique to play the bass line. Griff pointed out I should be letting the bass notes ring out and into each other...now I know!
...On to lesson #27!!!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Just joking on the video jmin. Still sounds great. Looking forward to #27!
By the way, what model is your Fender if you don’t mind me asking?

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Just joking on the video jmin. Still sounds great. Looking forward to #27!
By the way, what model is your Fender if you don’t mind me asking?

It's a Fender Sonoran SCE...I got it last year for about $300 from Sweetwater. It's my first real acoustic since, well, ...forever. I'm happy with it. It sort of does feel like a Strat neck, and the electronics make this recording stuff easy!

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Nicely done. The feedback from Griff was fantastic. I should submit something. Im starting to feel more comfortable playing past 12 bars :)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nicely done. The feedback from Griff was fantastic. I should submit something. Im starting to feel more comfortable playing past 12 bars :)
Thanks, Peter! Yes, you should submit something that you’re working on to Griff for the AAP sessions. It’s such a great opportunity to get some really helpful feedback from someone who does “guitar feedback” for a living! Don’t be shy - especially with that beautiful guitar of yours! - it’s just us listening in!

Olivia

the lady sings the blues
That's real nice, jmin.

I always enjoy listening to your recordings. It looks like you are "sailing" through this course...

ABGU was the course I wanted to do when I first started, but it proved to be just a wee bit too advanced for me :ROFLMAO: actually way too advanced (ouch)

Keep 'em coming (the recordings) you're on a roll :)

Best,

Olivia

jmin

Student Of The Blues
That's real nice, jmin.

I always enjoy listening to your recordings. It looks like you are "sailing" through this course...
ABGU was the course I wanted to do when I first started, but it proved to be just a wee bit too advanced for me :ROFLMAO: actually way too advanced (ouch)
Keep 'em coming (the recordings) you're on a roll :)
Best,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia! ...not exactly “sailing” (paddling hard?). This course caught me off guard. After finishing BGU, I really thought I would be able to do ABGU in “about a year.” It’s now been two years, and counting. The acoustic and finger picking really slow me down and make me feel even more like a blues beginner than the electric. But with encouragement like yours from the Forum, I’ll keep paddling!

Olivia

the lady sings the blues
Thanks Olivia! ...not exactly “sailing” (paddling hard?). This course caught me off guard. After finishing BGU, I really thought I would be able to do ABGU in “about a year.” It’s now been two years, and counting. The acoustic and finger picking really slow me down and make me feel even more like a blues beginner than the electric. But with encouragement like yours from the Forum, I’ll keep paddling!

At least you're not sinking or drowning ;)
Thanks for the reply.
Olivia

Olivia

the lady sings the blues
...hang on to that acoustic! I hear they can be used as flotation devices!

Good one jmin (y) since they are made of wood and could technically float, there's hope (!)

An electric is more likely to make you sink if you don't let go of it, and if you do let go of it, you still won't have any "flotation device" :ROFLMAO:

Conclusion: acoustic guitars are the best (?) ;)

Olivia