ABGU and BGU at the same time or a combination thereof.

Flip

Steady Rollin´Man
Hey,I was wondering if anyone out there has split time between the two courses.I really dig both and it’s fun to pick up the acoustic one day and plug in the next,but of course consistent practice is the problem I am running into.Any ideas?
Thanks, and be well!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Continue on. Acoustic one day and electric the next sounds like a great plan!! :Beer:

But if you get bored with that try playing the electric one day and acoustic the next. It works for me! :Beer::Beer:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
but of course consistent practice is the problem I am running into.Any ideas?
Maybe switch courses a week at a time or every other month instead of daily? It takes a while to develop muscle memory and it will come much faster if you're doing it daily rather than periodically.

I've done both courses, separately, and each was a handful. I can't imagine trying to do both at the same time! Kudos!

Eric

Elwood

Blues
Or you could just try some of this on that, and some of that on this, then you don't have to worry about what day or guitar it is. I know you have to call the course something but I don't care for the limitations. It is all so good! :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Nuthin' wrong with "flippin'" between the two.

Nor do you have to restrict BGU to electric and ABGU to acoustic.

What to practice depends on what your goals are.

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Agree with Paleo. I change intermittingly between acoustic and electric regardless of the course. It seems to work for me and gives me a chance to play both instruments. I usually pick up whichever one happens to be out at the moment. The important thing is to play a bit each day. I really don't think it makes much difference if its acoustic or electric or which course your using as long as you can see some progress and having fun. Best of luck and continued success.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
We are all different and learn at different paces, when allowed to do so! :) The nice thing is that you are not in a race, or have to worry about homework, grades, and the like. You have to decide what works for you. Personally, having completed both courses separately, I can look back and see an interesting possibility of using alternate days to study those two courses. Part of the solution depends upon you. Is it best to complete one course and then start the other?

It seems like studying each course on alternate days will allow you to "clear your mind", and concentrate on what you are doing. At the same time, completing one course at a time will allow you to focus on specific elements and requirements of each course.

Keep a log of your progress, and let us know how things are going.

Tom

Flip

Steady Rollin´Man
Hey Good People,
thanks so much for taking time to reply to my post. All the answers were really helpful.I was worried about wasting time and being inefficient,but as Tom noted "you are not in a race" and you all seem to agree That "flippin" between the two is okay,and I was impressed by the idea of keeping a log of my practice progress.That would be key!
So I´m gonna give it go.
I don´t have the Practice Generator and Tracking Tool, have any of you guys used it? How do you get It?
Thanks again and stay safe and well.
Flip

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Hey Good People,
thanks so much for taking time to reply to my post. All the answers were really helpful.I was worried about wasting time and being inefficient,but as Tom noted "you are not in a race" and you all seem to agree That "flippin" between the two is okay,and I was impressed by the idea of keeping a log of my practice progress.That would be key!
So I´m gonna give it go.
I don´t have the Practice Generator and Tracking Tool, have any of you guys used it? How do you get It?
Thanks again and stay safe and well.
Flip
I often talk about the benefits of working on something for a little while, then switching, to keep your brain engaged and active.

Once a lesson is basically memorized, and you can play it reasonably well, it takes quite a while to "own it," and that's a great time to switch to something else.

Depending on the lesson, that might be a day or two, or it might be a week or more. Judge that per lesson or task, don't make a rule.