A story about Married Life

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
So Thursday, I gave Christine a baby.................Probably needs some explanation there, but this is how I know we have been together a long time, especially since we are both middle aged and that factory is shut down.

So I came home from Walmart and heard some kids screaming. I assumed the neighbor was watching her three grand kids, no big deal, kids will be kids and loud, and it kind of cool to have kids in the neighborhood.

Then I heard a scream of my name and another neighbors, so I am like WTF and walk over. My 70 year old neighbor is on the ground holding her 6 month old grandson / daughter, what ever it is, baby is screeching, the 6 year old and 4 year old are crying and she is yelling I dropped the baby.

I grabbed the baby, gave it a quick check, walked back to my house yelling for Christine...............I hand her the baby, she looks straight at me and says

"Where did you get one of these ? "

No concern as to how I show up on the doorstep with a baby, it could have been a puppy or a new guitar, just a where did you get this.

Took the phone, called the ambulance, turned out she had a mis-step walking into the house, broke both legs on a simple fall, one in multiple places (had to have plates and screws put it)

I called her husband, guy is a ex Vietnam vet, Marine, I am like, hey, your wife fell, looks like she has a broken leg, dropped the baby on the ground, I called an ambulance. Being the typical former marine
"oh, wow, guess I will be home quick, c ya then"

I guess the honeymoon is over, I can come home with some random baby and she doesnt even bat an eye

Bet if I did that with a new Les Paul or SG she wouldnt have been so casual, or hey honey, I found a drummer

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I'm not sure whether I should laugh at your re-telling or offer sympathy for your neighbor. I hope she's going to be all right. I assume the baby wasn't injured in the mishap.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Hope all are well or at least recuperating comfortably.
Not to make you feel all young and spry, but as a 68 y.o. Great-grandpa, I'm guessing it was a Great-grandbaby you were offering up as a sacrifice to the Mrs. Not that that makes any difference in the anecdote.
Sorry she didn't bite. Your day will come soon enough Jr. (no disrespect meant) ;)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Hope all are well or at least recuperating comfortably.
Not to make you feel all young and spry, but as a 68 y.o. Great-grandpa, I'm guessing it was a Great-grandbaby you were offering up as a sacrifice to the Mrs. Not that that makes any difference in the anecdote.
Sorry she didn't bite. Your day will come soon enough Jr. (no disrespect meant) ;)

actually regular grand kid, they were a military family, he did two tours Vietnam, so they started their family a little later, probably the best damn neighbors you could ever have................................I wish I was young and spry, the only good thing, pretty soon I get the discount menu at dennys

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
All's well that ends well.
Great story-telling - I could see the whole situation in my mind.
Good neighbours are hard to find.