a secret behind many mysteries a revelation explained

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Imagine 10 years of mucking horse stalls and being told you're doing it wrong!

You must like the job----your still doing it----cleaning up after all of us.
beer.png
beer.png
clear.png
:):Beer:

Lloyd, what is your tool of preference to clean horse stalls? I would guess either a pitch fork or a flat blade shovel. Do they make tools to clean up after us on this forum? ;)

I would bet that in the military, they would give a pfc a toothbrush to clean up the stalls. :eek: By the way, my grandpa John, was a blacksmith in the US Army as well as world champion cowboy (Pendleton, Oregon) and raised horses. He had so many funny stories about life, and especially horses. (y)

Tom

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Lloyd, what is your tool of preference to clean horse stalls? I would guess either a pitch fork or a flat blade shovel.

We have a few implements, but the primary one is pretty simple. Without getting into a discussion about the quality of different bedding types, I use a generic, plastic manure fork, with a metal handle. This looks pretty much like what I use on a daily basis:
https://www.amazon.com/Intrepid-Int...8&qid=1547346866&sr=8-24&keywords=manure+fork

Do they make tools to clean up after us on this forum? ;)
For that, I try to keep a sense of humor and an open mind. It doesn't always work. I read a meme on Facebook that said:

"Pleasing all the people all the time is nearly an impossible task.
But pissing everyone off is a piece of cake."

I strive towards the first, but usually find I'm much better at the second part. :D

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Wow! I complain about swmbo a LOT, but after reading this thread I may have to go buy her some diamonds.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Better start with flowers Mike. If flowers don't say enough you can work your way up to diamonds. If you start with diamonds and they don't work.....View attachment 6993
With that comment, you should be a marriage counselor! But you should restrict your comments to men, and not allow women to be aware of your knowledge! :):Beer: Such a practical, and well thought out solution! ;)

Tom

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
With that comment, you should be a marriage counselor! But you should restrict your comments to men, and not allow women to be aware of your knowledge!

I'm not certain that any of us "one timers" (wife and I have been together 40 years married 35 of them) have any real corner on the market as far as knowledge of women goes. In my case, the Mrs. is the genius. It only took her five years to train me. And I learnt good!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
SWMBO and I have been together a mere 20 years, married for 18 of them. On the other hand, we’re both pushing 60 and entered this relationship after both experiencing many of the ways in which one can go wrong. As I’m wont to say: the trick is to find someone whose demons play well with yours. :Beer:

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
My Male forum members I am here to help in this crisis of not being able to do anything properly in the eyes of swmbo. When I analyzed the issue after about 5 to 7 years of marriage I decided to make this work for me. When she was in bed I made a list of all the things I didn't want to do. then I volunteered to do each one. It was not god enough in fact she said she would do it for xxxxx (insert her criticism here). After taking on a few chores she decided to not say anything about how I was doing my chores. (actually i am kidding, I have the same issues as my fellow BGUers.