A Sad Day...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
A few more photos. Just going through what I have brought a smile to my face

I did that earlier this week. I found trouble waiting to happen with this rogues gallery.
RoguesGallery.jpg

ChuckAndGriff.jpg

ChuckGriffLaura.jpg

Tom45

Blues Newbie
Sorry to hear this. I never met him, but when I first joined this forum, I found his postings to be very inspiring. He will be missed.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
This is indeed sad news. Chuck has been like a comfortable piece of furniture around here ever since I joined. Always had an encouraging word, and sound advice when needed. I hope he will draw some encouragement from knowing that he is in the thoughts and prayers of so many on this forum, and I'm sure further beyond. Reach out for that nail scarred hand Chuck.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Didn't have the opportunity to meet or get to know him but, having lost family and friends to cancer, I know how badly this sucks for everyone concerned. Best wishes to him, his friends, and loved ones.

Reactions: EJG

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Seeing that video Cowboy posted of Chuck really made me smile. Amazing the progress he made from 2011, when we first met.

I remember seeing him really open up a year or 2 years later, I think it was Centennial High School playing a 335 and smiling, and just having a great time on stage.

For the first BGU live in 2011 we chipped in and got Griff a Tele, and we all signed it. I believe it was Chuck's idea. Chuck had a plaque made, and presented the guitar to Griff at the event.

The world needs more people like Chuck Fleming, and I am honored to call him friend.

Last edited:

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Words just cannot describe how sad this is! Chuck is a great man and I’m better off for having known him. His enthusiasm for life and all things BGU is inspirational! He will be terribly missed, not only by those us who knew him here, but everyone who had the distinct pleasure of knowing him. Vaya Con Dios! Rest now!

Gibsongirl

Gibsongirl
So very sad to learn the news of Chuck's illness. As one of the founding members of BGU, Chuck was always one of the musicians that I looked up to, and looked forward to seeing at the BGU events. He plays and sings so beautifully, which pales when compared to his kindness, encouragement, sincerity, and friendship. He is so supportive of the BGU attendees and always cheered us on as we worked through our fledgling steps as novice guitar players.
My thoughts and prayers are with Chuck and his family. Know that you have touched the lives of many people, and we are all the better for it.
Love you Chuck.
Kathleen