A Sad Day...

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I'm not sure how to say this, but I've received word from Chuck's daughter that our long time moderator and great friend is, "comfortably sedated," and "doesn't have much time left."

He's been battling cancer for the last few years and it looks like that battle is just about lost, I'm sorry to say.

Those of you that have been around this forum from the beginning know how instrumental Chuck has been. It simply would not be what it is today if not for his tireless support and helpful disposition. Chuck had a way of making everyone who was new feel as welcome as if they'd been here for years.

Most importantly, I'm proud to say he is my dear friend and someone I've leaned on more than once for advice over the last decade and change. He certainly will be missed.

At this point I don't have any more information, but I'll update this thread when I find out more.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
I spoke briefly to Chuck's wife and daughter, and they were kind enough to put me on speaker phone so I was able to catch a few seconds with Chuck and play a little guitar for him. Gudy said he smiled the whole time.
What a wonderful tribute to Chuck.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Do you have the one where you sold Chuck and me the same "front row center" seat?

Here's a memory:

Flight attendant: "Are you with a band?"
Chuck: "You ever hear of the Allman Brothers?"
Flight attendant: "Yeah!"
Chuck: "That ain't me."

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
2011-Chuck-Allen-Mike.jpg 20120811-The Crew.jpg
2011-Chuck-Allen-Mike.jpg

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Do you have the one where you sold Chuck and me the same "front row center" seat?

Here's a memory:

Flight attendant: "Are you with a band?"
Chuck: "You ever hear of the Allman Brothers?"
Flight attendant: "Yeah!"
Chuck: "That ain't me."

That's the one I've been looking for but can't find.

Reactions: EJG

sloslunas

NM Blues
I am deeply saddened with this news.Chuck is a dear friend that I will be forever grateful to. His wit, his charm, and his ever giving dedication to everything that he did, for not only all of our brothers on the forum, but everyone he ever came in contact with. It is going to take me a long while to internalize this...

Steve

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
WOW, simply no words can express how I feel right now... Although I never met him in person, I always felt a true connection via this forum... I'm in shock... Stuff like this puts life in perspective... Heartfelt warm wishes go out to him and family/loved ones ... Very sad...

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I am deeply saddened with this news.Chuck is a dear friend that I will be forever grateful to. His wit, his charm, and his ever giving dedication to everything that he did, for not only all of our brothers on the forum, but everyone he ever came in contact with. It is going to take me a long while to internalize this...

Steve

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm completely at a loss for words. Anyone who has ever met Chuck knows what a great person he is to be around. I am glad to hear he is surrounded by his family and hopefully is in no pain.

Isn't there a video of Chuck doing Tennessee Whiskey around here somewhere

Right here:

and singing "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" with Griff the same year:

Last edited: