A Positive Grid Spark App discovery

Elio

Student Of The Blues
One of the few things that has bugged me about the Spark app is that on an Android device it will only display in portrait mode and will not rotate to landscape if the tablet or phone is turned. This is really a pain when working with the amp configuration because you have to scroll down to see pretty much every pedal attached to the amp. I discovered a free Android app called Orientation Control, that allows you to force it into landscape. The scaling is not perfect, but it is a much better display than the native portrait mode. You can either launch the Orientation Control app manually each time, or you can set it to control the orientation of another app.

Another issue I ran into with the Spark app was that it was crashing whenever I would request a chord analysis on a song from YouTube or Spotify. It seemed to work fine on the website, after which I could load the song into the app, but requesting it directly from the app would crash it almost every time. I opened a support ticket last week and sent them specific examples of how to re-create the problem. I got a response back that they were working on it, followed by another email today that they had fixed the problem and that the fix is in the latest update for the app. So far, I am pretty happy with their responsiveness!