A pillar of strength

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggdrni41hnm37ix/HELPMEME.WAV?dl=0

I know many of you have already gone through what I have been going through since early Thursday morning----Sharon had a stroke and when she fell she hit her head on the bathtub-She has been in the hospital down in Phoenix since Friday morning..
This song has been my pillar of strenght for 5 decades, but never had to count on it like I am now to make it through. So this is for all you guys that's already been through it and maybe if you some of you find yourself in the same position someday--maybe you will remember it
With a special dedication to our GOOD MAN Davey (M.M.) he's been helping me out.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Oh my, Dave!

First I'm hearing of this situation with Sharon.

I don't pray too often but, I will be praying for Sharon & You.
I'm sending all the good thoughts and prayers I can.
Tell her she's got friends pulling for her.

Beautiful tribute to her in your song, my friend.
Well done!

My best to you both.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
We thank all of you..
Capn; it reminds me of one of your songs---"Praying the best that I know how".
I been getting a lot of practice the last few days.
Yes I am.
prayer-saved.jpg

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Best wishes for you and Sharon dang man thats tough!

Thanks for the song love from Cleveland ... peace out ...

Elwood

Blues
So sorry to read this Dave! I see I am late to respond, I hope by now things are looking better and you and Sharon are helping each other to heal and recover.
We all wait and hope for a complete and speedy recovery! Please do post news as you feel appropriate. Mile of smiles, my wish for you and Sharon, with all the help you need.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Dave, I cannot imagine what you're dealing with right now. I hope the outlook for Sharon is good and I hope you're able to weather this storm without too much collateral damage.
Peace be with you, my friend.

sloslunas

NM Blues
David, my heart sank when I read your post. I am sending you and Sharon all of my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Steve

PS. You did a wonderful job on that song.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I want to thank all of you for your-- Well wishes, hopes and prayers. They are working so don't stop.
I will tell you the good news first. She has regained feeling in her left side --not 100% but getting there...yesterday when I went to see her and walked through the door they had a R & B music station on in her room---she held her hands out to me, I took them and she started dancing
with her legs and hands laying in bed.. The song was "Working in the coal mine". Her mind is really-really good she can respond to conversation but can't talk she is on a ventilator. She can also write short sentences. They are kind of hard to read but with a few guess' she will shake her head yes or no.
The bad news is she can't breath on her own and her left eye-- I don't know if she can see out of it or not.. Due to the fact she can't swallow mucus builds up in her mouth and they have to suck it out with a pump. The last 2 or 3 times I have been to see her they have been hinting of putting a hole into her throat and putting a tube or something (I don't know how it works-I am just guessing). They have 5 doctors working on her. The head doctor told me yesterday that the main thing they are trying to do right now is to get her to breathing on her own. I totally expect a call today or tomorrow from them for permission to do it. I don't know if they are keeping her sedated or what but she can only go short time with out needing sleep. That's about all I got. Thanks again

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Thanks for keeping us updated Dave. It sounds like she's in good spirits in spite of her situation, and that in itself has great inner healing power. God willing, before too long you will be dancing around the ward together. Prayers continuing brother.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Glad to hear she is making some progress. Wishing all the best for a speedy and full recovery to Sharon and giving you the strength to deal with it.

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
Thanks for the update -

Stokes are tough - took me almost 2 years to recover from mine

I pray for a full loving recovery and may the peace of music and love be with you both

Peace

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's encouraging news Dave.
Was it the music making her dance or was she just happy to see you?:)

So glad to hear she's getting movement back (y)

I'll add an extra prayer for her breathing.

Thanks for the update, hang in there, she need you to be strong!

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Maybe you could take in your iPad or MP3 player, and play her "You make me feel like dancing" ;);), with flowers.

And don't be shy with the doctors - if there's something that you don't understand, or feel has not been adequately explained to you, ask questions. Or go find the counsellor and ask questions.