A minor project

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Wow!! Sorry to hear that Paleo. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. I see it hasn't affected your playing anyway.(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***
If Paleo can play after a stroke, I decided it was time for me to quit feeling sorry for myself and give this one a go...Hopefully I can deliver something here shortly.

I finished this one up (6:28 to the end). My left hand is getting its strength and feeling back fairly good. Not 100% yet as the flubbed notes will attest to, but definitely making progress. I used my PRS SE Custom 24 into Reaper using a Bias FX2 plugin. It's good to be back in the VJR. 6 1/2 weeks of very little guitar playing has sucked. Now if I can just get surgeon to give me back my driving privilege, things will be great:thumbup:. Not going to happen until at least July 17 though. I guess it time to dust off some of Griff's lessons that I have been avoiding.

A minor project TZ

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
And there was us being all mellow and melancholy like!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Great to see you back bro!!!(y)(y) Sounded to me like you are almost there again. Well done. Keep at it.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Heh. A fun little aside: there's a duo who plays a lot of our local open mic events. Both of them are silver-haired gents in their seventies; one plays lead guitar and the other plays either rhythm guitar or keyboard and sings. The name of their act? Social Security. They're keeping mum over which member is which. :Beer:

Jim_Schmidt

Blues Newbie
Well, snooze you lose around here, I guess. I was going to take a shot for my first outing in VJR (well I did, but now I see it's done). I'd be up for another minor blues. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. I thought the playing was outstanding on the track. Nice work.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Good stuff from you all. Been too busy to contribute this week. Paleo, here's to a full recovery. Look after yourself mate.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Well, snooze you lose around here, I guess. I was going to take a shot for my first outing in VJR (well I did, but now I see it's done). I'd be up for another minor blues. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. I thought the playing was outstanding on the track. Nice work.
Jim, there is nothing to stop you from taking the clean track from the first post and restarting in another thread. You certainly wouldn't be the first to ever do it.

Jim_Schmidt

Blues Newbie
I figured I'd just wait for the next one, but if anybody else is interested in continuing with this alternate version, I could chime in. Anybody?

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Jim, if you start it...they will come. I could probably go for a redo on my first attempt.