A fun day for me!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
They wouldn't let me in the Navy. They asked me why I wanted to enlist, I said "I wanna sail in a big boat", and they told me to get lost.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
I believe it was October ‘67 when I stood at parade rest for about 3hours in the sun, in dress greens at El Toro MAS waiting for President Johnson to inspect the troops. He did shake my hand. Then about 2 months later I was taking a bunch of shots before heading to Vietnam.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I believe it was October ‘67 when I stood at parade rest for about 3hours in the sun, in dress greens at El Toro MAS waiting for President Johnson to inspect the troops. He did shake my hand. Then about 2 months later I was taking a bunch of shots before heading to Vietnam.

Hurry up and wait.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I had rheumatic fever at age 7, left me with a heart murmur, when I went down to register for the draft they classified me as 4F, I ask what the meant, they told me my Grandma would get drafted before me:cautious:

I had Scarlet Fever when I w s 9. One week later, it developed into rheumatic fever. The doctor came to our house and told my mom, while standing at the foot of my bed, that I was going to die1 Mom told the doctor to leave the house, and she never wanted to see or hear from him again. Mom got a new doctor, who remained my doctor until a few years ago when he retired.

The rheumatic fever did not affect my heart, but it did attack the upper respiratory system. The doctor said that until I was 21, I would have a temperature of 104 and a cold once a month. The doctor was so correct, however, I stopped having the monthly fevers two months before my 21st birthday! :)

I get a cold about once every three years these days. Rheumatic fever caused my great grandmother to have a heart attack and die, a few days before my mom graduated from High School. I am so lucky, the my heart was not involved.

Tom