5th and Main - One year in

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
IIRC it was one year ago last Thursday (March 10, 2010) that I bought my first guitar. I got the BBG course soon after that.

This is the last lesson of BBG. It's not as clean as it should be, I know, but I wanted to post it on the one year aniversary of my starting to play... or at least the anniversary of the first weekend I started playing.   ;)

http://www.teamyikes.com/BBG/5thAndMain.mp3

I tend to go back to old lessons so I'm going to keep working on it... but... I think I'm done with BBG!

DesmoDog

I've started SWS a few times already but then concentrated on BBG when time got scarce, so I'll probably go that way. I have BGU too though, so who knows. I may start both and see which one sticks. Or SWS plus songs from play along books, or... 

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Craig - you've got a lot accomplished in that year.  You are solidly on the path to mastery.  Congrats!  :cool:

DesmoDog

Dang man, good job. In one short year you've become a good guitar player and master luthier.  :)

I wish! Thanks for the comments but I've got a long way to go.

bluzgtr

Blues Newbie
Congrats Desmo on completing BBG.  I'm impressed at the progress made in just 1 year of playing.  Keep up the good work.  Mike

S

stu179

Nice one Desmo.Like you I started out on BBG and am now working on Soloing without Scales+BGU.Its been a little tricky but I'm having lots of fun learning.Like to go back over the BBG lessons to stay focused.Have fun mate.

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
   Way-to-go Brah ! ... I also started with BBG a year and a half ago with never even playing a note on the guitar ... I also go back and play most of the BBG from time to time ... ain't it amazin' what one can do in a year ! ... keep up the good work.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Like it Desmo.  Congrats on completing BBG.  Look forward to hearing how you progress from here. (BGU) ;)

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Way to go Desmo! Congratulations on the first anniversary as a guitarist! You've accomplished a lot this last year and have every right to feel proud of yourself!

This was also a pretty good version of 5th and Main... all it needs is a little more practice to 'smooth out the bumps'.

You know, I can't seem to remember if I actually posted a version of that one myself... Maybe I still need to do so?  Although, whilst moving forward into BGU, I've still been practicing all the 'lead' blues from BBG, I'd been leaving out the rhythm tracks (Naughty boy!) I'd forgotten that there were some pretty good rhythm tunes in BBG too... think I'll revisit them soon!

I'm about half-way through BGU now, but my efforts, I must confess, have been rather desultory since moving house... I'm beginning to get back into it though, so I hope to post something again soon... I'm also thinking of mixing SWS with BGU 'cause I'm told it's actually a bit easier than BGU, at least at the beginning...

Nice to see you again, my old friend! Here, let me get you a beer:

[smiley=beer.gif]