5MEBS 5

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Here is solo #5.

Need to work on the bends and on quieting unwanted string noise.

Also trying to find a decent tone. That really frustrates the crap out of me.

Getting a lot of popping sounds on this video. I think it's static from my tele. Can't figure out why.

I recorded it with a Q2 HD recorder. It has it's own mic, so I can sit it right in front of my amp and powered speakers from my computer. Anyway, here it is.

Thanks for watching!

http://youtu.be/RdgyaIbYFlU

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Very nice Ivan - no problems at all. Tone is good. How do you like that Squier Tele?
All you need to do now is add some "guitar faces" while playing, especially on those big bends! :)
I enjoyed it.
Tom

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Very nice Ivan - no problems at all. Tone is good. How do you like that Squier Tele?
All you need to do now is add some "guitar faces" while playing, especially on those big bends! :)
I enjoyed it.
Tom

Thanks Tom.

I really liked the CV Tele but I traded it in for an American Special Telecaster. This one has Texas Specials pu's so it' plays quite a bit hotter. The neck is a touch wider and has jumbo frets which makes it easier to play it seems.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I think those bends sound great, as does the tone. The funny thing about assessing my own tone is that I'm never really happy with it, but then I will get an unsolicited compliment.  It's really hard to be objective. As far as the bends, you are hitting the notes and I really don't hear any noise.  The popping is interesting though. Do you hearing it coming through the amp or just on the recording?