5MEBS #4

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Ivan - Great job! You nailed it! Loved watching and listening. What are you using for video and audio recording? Nice guitar, nice tone too.
Tom

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Ivan - Great job! You nailed it! Loved watching and listening. What are you using for video and audio recording? Nice guitar, nice tone too.
Tom

Thanks Tom

I'm new with the video thing so I'm still experimenting.

I use my camera for video and audacity for recording. Than I usually combine and edit the two in Movie Maker. This time I noticed that the camera picked up the audio and didn't need audacity so I just edited the video and that's how it came out.

I just came across this by accident. I guess I had the camera close enough to my amp and the right amp settings for the camera to pick up the audio. It's a lot easier this way.

Thanks again.

Stewart_C

Blues Newbie
I'm a sucker for the slow blues so I started with solo #4. I'm a little weak on a few bends but here it is.

http://youtu.be/7Tb6ZWJCxxQ

Very sweet Ivan. I also went straight to #4 (total sucker like you) and similar again - clean reverb. on neck pup. I have played this a lot but I was still quite enthralled to watch and listen (3 times to date). It really makes such a big difference to actually see a performance. Thanks for sharing the vid. with us.

Stewart

glynnd

Blues Newbie
Sounded really good. I guess it's another course I'm going to have to buy.

Nice looking Tele by the way.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Sounded really good. I guess it's another course I'm going to have to buy.

Nice looking Tele by the way.

Thanks Glynnd.

I don't actually play the Tele so much. I should. It actually plays easier than my Epi LP. The fret board feels a lot smoother.

If you decide to get 5MEBS you won't be disappointed.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Really enjoyed that production Ivan, the solo was shear magic to listen too and seeing it as a video production was the icing on the cake, whilst the music sounds great there is just something special when you see the performer in action, it's a bit like going to a theatre.  :)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That was... (looking for a better adjective here because great just isn't good enough)

You nailed the solo, the tone, the timing... everything is perfect. I really loved it.

BTW, that would sound amazing in Nightlife as done by BB King.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Thanks Mike.

I think you're right about Nightlife. Man..... I forgot about the tune until just now. I haven't heard that in ages. Thanks for the reminder!

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Yup, BB gives a master class on how and when to bend a string on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O07ljmA7BPs

Ivan

Blues Newbie
That was really good Ivan, thanks for sharing.    Now i know i'm gonna have to order 5MEBS.

Thanks WIT.

I think you'll like this course. Fun to learn.

The way you went through BGU, this should take you about......a week....lol?

[smiley=beer.gif]