40 year newbie

LVincent

Blues Newbie
Hey, y’all!

New member here! I first picked up guitar as a mid-teen, but rarely had opportunity (or confidence) to play with another guitar player. Have bought and sold a few guitars over the years, usually ones I now realize were not a good fit for me. Learned the basic “cowboy chords”, and mainly just dabbled with guitar as life kept getting in the way. As with many, last year’s shutdown made me re-evaluate things, and with my kids grown I can indulge, and commit, myself to finally learn guitar. Fender Play has been pretty good, but I still don’t understand many things (mostly music theory), and was recommended this course by a good friend. I’ve always had music in my head, with no way to get it out, and over the years it’s faded quite a bit - but recently it’s coming back :)

To this adventure!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Howdy, LV, and welcome to the show!

You might want to check out Griff's Guitar Theory Made Useful course - it's a pretty good foundation in music theory tailored for guitar players.

Last edited:

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Welcome! I think you'll find all you need here. Fantastic teacher in Griff, excellent material, and a great bunch of helpful folk in the forum.
Enjoy the journey.
Steve

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the forum L, I'm glad you found us.
Griff is the greatest and the forum members will keep you engaged.
Here's to a more productive next 40 years! ;)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You owe your friend a beer... or three.
Griff will open up the whole blues/classic rock music experience for you.
Stick with Griff to learn, & stick with the forum for motivation.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Welcome LVincent to the Forum. Don't be shy about posting questions or comments. Also,
lots of great info here.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hey LV hang on buckle your seat belt you gonna be the big axe man ha ha!

Seriously good people here ... if you can carve out the time ... tons of resources and options here.

Some good jam forums for members and stuff have fun ask questions!