4/20 FixIt for snarf

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Posting this way early to be sure that I don't forget to get it done.

I tried to, as the maestro has encouraged us to do, "use my big ears" and learn and transcribe the solo from the unplugged version of Little Wing as done by The Corrs in like 1999. I skipped the slide part, and just went for the rest which totaled about 10 bars. I've got my tab attached for review as well as my version and the version by The Corrs linked below (linked to the the solo section so you don't have to sit through the whole song).

The tab: Does it even look close to what it should sound like or what I am playing? I've got that 2/4 bar stuck towards the end because otherwise it felt like the timing got thrown off of 4/4 there in that measure. Adding that 2/4 bar kept the downbeat on the downbeat. Maybe I screwed up the timing somewhere else? I had started work on this prior to the rhythm transcription AAP, so most of it was just a struggle. Although, truth to tell, I would have struggled through the rhythm transcription of it just as much as I did putting down a measure of notes and then trying to slowly count out where they went. I, also, took the chance to do the notation first and then correct the tab to the right string. Figured it's been long enough since I had to sight read that this would be good practice for that too.

My version of just the solo. Got the looper going and then had to wait for it to come back around because it has pick-up notes in it. So the solo actually starts at about 1:00. In retrospect, I feel like I'm rushing the solo.

What it's supposed to sound like. I couldn't get it to link to the right spot, but the solo starts about 3:14.

Attachments

• Little Wing_The Corrs Unplugged.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 3