1st Solo Open Mic in a while

MarcV

Blues Junior
Actually only second one playing solo. 1st one before Covid.
I don't sing so just me playing to Griff's backing tracks.
2 tunes:
1st one is attempt at Solo #4 from BGU
2nd one is attempt at Banana Phil from 5EBS
Timing always a struggle, especially when nerves hit and especially in slow blues there are several bars where my mind went blank and I was just winging it.
Oh well my goal is always to " Not suck".

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9YlRxTJyq0

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Actually only second one playing solo. 1st one before Covid.
I don't sing so just me playing to Griff's backing tracks.
2 tunes:
1st one is attempt at Solo #4 from BGU
2nd one is attempt at Banana Phil from 5EBS
Timing always a struggle, especially when nerves hit and especially in slow blues there are several bars where my mind went blank and I was just winging it.
Oh well my goal is always to " Not suck".

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9YlRxTJyq0
Solo 4 has been kicking my butt for a while now. I've got the timing better, but still trying to clean up my flurries and bends. Audio was a bit quiet on your clip, but it felt like your tempo was slower than what I'm used to. I only listened over my phone, I'll have to relisten with better sound later. Always nice to get some applause. Nice work.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Congrats MarcV its not easy or comfortable being in front of everyone. Especially without a drummer and bass player to work with that makes it more challenging.

Keep on doing it ha ha that's the ticket!

If you look at your video and your foot ... during the first one your foot seemed to change tempo a lot ... sometimes it was going fast at other parts it stopped or slowed down. Your foot seemed a lot happier in the second song?

Nice background for a video!!

MarcV

Blues Junior
Thanks all for the listen and the comments.

@Many Moons: Yep I sort of just zone out and it looks like I am comfortable but inside it is a struggle not to blank out and loose my place while playing.

@John Hurley: Great observation on the foot. That is the sign of someone struggling to stick with the slow tempo. :whistle::whistle:Foot should have been tapping slowly, steadily that entire 1st song. I think at the end of the day I was on time for that one but my foot was following the notes I was playing, not the beat, which is an issue I work on:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: