11 years old…

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I think I might be turning into a curmudgeon. At the end of the song, the lyric he was singing dawned on me, and I had to laugh out loud. "I was born in the grove, only home I'll ever know." Only home you'll ever know...you're like 10...you're not even old enough to know what "only home I'll ever know " means. psshhh!!! :ROFLMAO:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Give that kid another 10 years and he'll be riding around on a bus with his name on the side. Also, was that a Pontiac Catalina in that vid? That was a hot car!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
If I knew at 11 what I know now, would people have thought I was more impressive then than they think I am today? o_O

(I realize that ain’t sayin’ much either way. I don’t really have a very good handle on relativity anyway.)

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I think I might be turning into a curmudgeon. At the end of the song, the lyric he was singing dawned on me, and I had to laugh out loud. "I was born in the grove, only home I'll ever know." Only home you'll ever know...you're like 10...you're not even old enough to know what "only home I'll ever know " means. psshhh!!! :ROFLMAO:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Give that kid another 10 years and he'll be riding around on a bus with his name on the side. Also, was that a Pontiac Catalina in that vid? That was a hot car!
I've had the same issue with Kingfish, another young phenom. He's a great player, but when his lyrics are blues standbys/cliches that are beyond his years he loses me.

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
I've had the same issue with Kingfish, another young phenom. He's a great player, but when his lyrics are blues standbys/cliches that are beyond his years he loses me.

I thought the days of having to be an exploited, alcoholic loser to sing the Blues disappeared in the early 60s with the British invasion? If you didn't actually know Kingfish's age would you respect his music more?

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I thought the days of having to be an exploited, alcoholic loser to sing the Blues disappeared in the early 60s with the British invasion? If you didn't actually know Kingfish's age would you respect his music more?
I respect his music just fine, it's his (and his cowriters) songwriting and lyrics that I find unauthentic, and yes, that costs him points in my book. I've always been in the write what you know camp, blues is an emotional musical it takes a while to earn those stripes. But that's just me. Kingfish is living the life, he'll likely get there, but there's something to be said about three chords and the truth.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I saw that the other day and like most the others started wondering what I could get for my gear or someone to donate it too.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I got nothing against young players ... he sounds fine and his timing is good.

That song on the video was not going especially fast though and he looks like he has a great support cast helping him etc.

If you want to see a good young guitar player check out Sadie Johnson or Samantha Fish or Nita Strauss!

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Just wait till he discovers women and beer..... He won't touch his guitar again for years.(y)

Unless he realizes that because of his guitar playing, beautiful women 10+ years older than him are throwing bras, underwear, etc. at him and saying they want to meet him after the show!:cool::D:cool:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Unless he realizes that because of his guitar playing, beautiful women 10+ years older than him are throwing bras, underwear, etc. at him and saying they want to meet him after the show!:cool::D:cool:
Man, if women 10+ years old than me threw bras and underwear, it would be downright frightening!