11/8/18 gear talk on Home Recording

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
@Griff @paparaptor At the end of today's webinar I was confusing the terminology of DAW with an Audio Interface (AI). I have a Tascam US-1200 (6 in/2 out) USB Audio Interface. This is the unit that came with the Ableton Lite software for the computer. I also have a Behringer U-Phoria 2x2 USB Audio Interface. And I won't even talk about the Tascam DP32SD Digital Multi track recorder I have sitting in a box.

So, can I assume that the Tascam US-1200 (6 in/2 out) USB Audio Interface that came with the Ableton Light have the necessary drivers to communicate with each other and allow for successful recording?

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
@Griff @paparaptor At the end of today's webinar I was confusing the terminology of DAW with an Audio Interface (AI). I have a Tascam US-1200 (6 in/2 out) USB Audio Interface. This is the unit that came with the Ableton Lite software for the computer. I also have a Behringer U-Phoria 2x2 USB Audio Interface. And I won't even talk about the Tascam DP32SD Digital Multi track recorder I have sitting in a box.

So, can I assume that the Tascam US-1200 (6 in/2 out) USB Audio Interface that came with the Ableton Light have the necessary drivers to communicate with each other and allow for successful recording?

I would not assume anything when it comes to PC's and drivers especially if you bought the interface during a previous OS release like Win 7 and now your using Win10. It depends on whether the manufacturer has kept up to date on driver releases for each OS. Now with MAC Core Audio this is not as much as issue as it is more user friendly and device friendly.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

They should. If you have any issues with the interface, you should be able to determine if you have the latest drivers. For a lot of equipment they are on Windows Update. But in the event they are not, you can find them here:
https://tascam.com/us/product/us-1200/download

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
If they worked before, they should work now. Last update to the drivers was 02-2016. If you installation is older than that, you should consider downloading and installing that latest drivers. The product has been discontinued and driver version 1.03rc1 is the most recent release.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
If they worked before, they should work now. Last update to the drivers was 02-2016. If you installation is older than that, you should consider downloading and installing that latest drivers. The product has been discontinued and driver version 1.03rc1 is the most recent release.
I've no idea if they work as I've never recorded using any of this gear.