1-11 Printout doesn't match audio file?

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Is it just me or does the printed music (page 10 of srm-manual.pdf) not match what Griff is playing on the audio file (SRM-Example_1-11_Full_Speed.mp3 & SRM-Example_1-11_Slow_Speed.mp3). With the printed music there are 3 measures of "1/4 1/4 1/4 1/8/1/8". It seems with his music there are two measures of this then he jumps to "1/4 1/8 1/8 1/4 1/8".

Or is it just me? (Most likely)

Or has this been discussed?

matonanjin

Oh Come On. No one else practiced with the audio file while reading the manual to exercise 1?

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well I specifically went and looked at the tab and read it with the audio mp3 and I can conform that both slow and fast play aligns 100% with the tab. One thing for you to note however is that there is a chord change mid bar for bars 3 & 4. Are you taking this into account.

matonanjin

Well I specifically went and looked at the tab and read it with the audio mp3 and I can conform that both slow and fast play aligns 100% with the tab. One thing for you to note however is that there is a chord change mid bar for bars 3 & 4. Are you taking this into account.
And right there was my problem.
I am going to contact Griff and demand my money back. In the course requirements he never mentioned once having to have the ability to read!

I didn't look closely enough at the printout and where I saw it was the "C" chord for bar 3. But I didn't see where the symbol for the C chord was on beat 3. Nor did I remember that from strumming along with Griff. I knew that first beat of bar 3 didn't sound right but couldn't figure it out until I read your post.

Thank you.

Now for that Open C to C minor barre chord!!!:eek:

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
And right there was my problem.
I am going to contact Griff and demand my money back. In the course requirements he never mentioned once having to have the ability to read!

I didn't look closely enough at the printout and where I saw it was the "C" chord for bar 3. But I didn't see where the symbol for the C chord was on beat 3. Nor did I remember that from strumming along with Griff. I knew that first beat of bar 3 didn't sound right but couldn't figure it out until I read your post.

Thank you.

Now for that Open C to C minor barre chord!!!:eek:

I'm just pleased we worked it out to be all right in the end. (y) :)