And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.”

Just a little bit of naval-gazing. The more deadly serious things seem to become, the more I’m inclined to sharpen the poker and, well...poke the bear. Sacred oxen exist because they need to be gored. Letting a sleeping dog lie is an irredeemable dereliction of duty.

To quote a comedian with whom I almost never agree, but who in this instance got “it” right: I kid because I love. :Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. :Beer:

Me? Just finished a wrap party with one of my clients for whom I did a series of technical CGI videos. Beer’s even tastier when on someone else’s tab. Now gonna spend quality time with the 339 in prep for Thursday’s open mic.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. :Beer:

Me? Just finished a wrap party with one of my clients for whom I did a series of technical CGI videos. Beer’s even tastier when on someone else’s tab. Now gonna spend quality time with the 339 in prep for Thursday’s open mic.

Good on you, brutha!

Enjoy! :)

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Funny thing is this: the original post actually wasn't (directly) prompted by any current world or national events, political or otherwise. I was just in a contemplative frame of mind and reflecting on how I tend to turn to (often biting) forms of humor to lighten my mental load. :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Funny thing is this: the original post actually wasn't (directly) prompted by any current world or national events, political or otherwise. I was just in a contemplative frame of mind and reflecting on how I tend to turn to (often biting) forms of humor to lighten my mental load. :Beer:
All things are related.
We live in a symbiotic environment.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
“...Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.”
I believe you are a month late with this quote:whistle:

cheers

Al.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist

Perhaps.

But still...

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
What can we say? :eek: We can be thankful that a great American (according to himself and some others) has helped to unite members of the UK. It is not that he himself is liked for what he says or his deeds, but he tends to unite those that love him.

He says yes is no, and that no is yes, and his followers swoon, while the rest of the world is more than bewildered. :confused: His sermons may change according to what audience he is addressing, the time of day, or topic at hand. His message will be embraced by someone. Which message? That is up to the listener. :cry:

Let us all pick up our guitars and unite! Play baby, play! :cool:

Tom

sloslunas

NM Blues
What can we say? :eek: We can be thankful that a great American (according to himself and some others) has helped to unite members of the UK. It is not that he himself is liked for what he says or his deeds, but he tends to unite those that love him.

He says yes is no, and that no is yes, and his followers swoon, while the rest of the world is more than bewildered. :confused: His sermons may change according to what audience he is addressing, the time of day, or topic at hand. His message will be embraced by someone. Which message? That is up to the listener. :cry:

Let us all pick up our guitars and unite! Play baby, play! :cool:

Tom
Thank you Tom! My drum has been silenced. I have been told, in so many words, to keep my mouth shut, and my head in the sand. I certainly hope others do not do the same...

Steve

Last edited:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Thank you Tom! My drum has been silenced. I have been told, in so many words, to keep my mouth shut, and my head in the sand. I certainly hope others do not do the same...

Steve
Steve, let's see how long any of us lasts! If the forum police don't get us (I have had a few issues as of late!), then who knows. We might all be out in the fields planting rice, or growing potatoes. :eek::(

Is there a maximum number of deleted posts (by the management) a member is allowed? I guess we have to be careful. Even to speak in the abstract is a dangerous act.

Why don't we have a specific area of the forum for political comments? You would have to sign an agreement that you will use it to only express your viewpoint! ;)

Tom

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
As this thread starts to close in on what is not allowed on Griff’s Forum, I kindly remind everyone to refrain from political discussions. Doesn’t matter which side you choose, politics are not allowed!

If you want political discussion, there are lots of forums to support you out there.

This is not the place.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
As this thread starts to close in on what is not allowed on Griff’s Forum, I kindly remind everyone to refrain from political discussions. Doesn’t matter which side you choose, politics are not allowed!

If you want political discussion, there are lots of forums to support you out there.

This is not the place.

I guess you're right.

On the other hand, once it becomes compulsory for us all to learn Russian, the whole format will have to change so everything will have to be erased anyway. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.