I went and did it!

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I Just got off the phone with Sweetwater. A new Fender American 3-Color Sunburst Deluxe Strat should arrive next Tuesday. I'm excited and my first serious case of GAS has been relieved (but by the way things sound on this forum, it's only temporarily relieved  ;D )

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I Just got off the phone with Sweetwater. A new Fender American 3-Color Sunburst Deluxe Strat should arrive next Tuesday. I'm excited and my first serious case of GAS has been relieved (but by the way things sound on this forum, it's only temporarily relieved  ;D )

you've only just begun.. ;)...but we'd love some pics of that new beauty...later.

cowboy

slofingers

Blues Newbie
I normally don't really care for the three color sunburst, I prefer the original tobacco sunburst. But I looked at the Sweetwater site and if the three color sunburst I saw is the one you're getting, then WoW! That is awesome. Way to go. As far as GAS goes, I now have 9 guitars. And I'm just a crummy bedroom player. I however don't have a Made in America Strat. I am now going to have to rectify that soon. I have a MIM Strat, but I just can't bond with it.

daveg

Blues Newbie
LOVE Sweetwater. I live about 40 minutes from the store. It's a holy place to me. :) Need to drive up there soon - make a pilgrimage.

shotgunmax

Blues Newbie
That is so cool.  I have a 2012 American Standard Strat HSS and I have fallen hard for that guitar.  I'm sure you will too. Congratulations.  Sweetwater is a good place to give your money to.

puakodiverdan

Blues Newbie
Good choice steve o,  I got a american fender deluxe strat last year and I love it, I got the tungsten one with a rosewood finger board its a beaut. [smiley=beer.gif]
I also got it from sweetwater too.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Awesome!  Nothing like a new guitar to increase your interest in playing... unless it's another amp or another pedal.  But I digress!

Pictures when it arrives!  As a Fender fan, I know you won't be able to do anything but love it!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I normally don't really care for the three color sunburst, I prefer the original tobacco sunburst. But I looked at the Sweetwater site and if the three color sunburst I saw is the one you're getting, then WoW! That is awesome. Way to go. As far as GAS goes, I now have 9 guitars. And I'm just a crummy bedroom player. I however don't have a Made in America Strat. I am now going to have to rectify that soon. I have a MIM Strat, but I just can't bond with it.
My MIM Strat is no longer MIM ... it's made by ME ... all new pickups and wiring, and new graph tech stainless saddles and a new white pearl pick guard.  Pickups make or break a guitar!  I have mine sounding just exactly the way I want it to ... to my ear (and my ear is the only one that matters) it just plain SMOKES.  And I love the midnight wine color.  I have other guitars that cost 3 times as much, but this one is my go-to favorite guitar.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
But Honey, all the other guys have one?...

Oh well.  Did I tell you how much I love my $50 Squier?

Nice!  Enjoy the heck out of it.

Someday.

Dennis

Jacass

Blues Newbie
I bought a new American standard telecaster the middle of last year so I know how you feel. Enjoy it Steve o.
[smiley=beer.gif] Cass.

falconer

Blues Newbie
Congrats!!!

You're so doomed.   
roll.gif

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
But Honey, all the other guys have one?...

Oh well.  Did I tell you how much I love my $50 Squier?

Nice!  Enjoy the heck out of it.

Someday.

Dennis

You got a $50 Squier?  Shoot, mine cost $99.  And the vintage Fender decal was a few bucks more.  Now it looks just like the 1960 model in the local GC vintage case, cheap-ass tuners and all. Just have to crackle the finish on mine a little. Guitar George did such a nice job shielding it and setting it up with new pickups, I like it better than any other Strat I've played so far.  And the guys at GC will tell you I've played a lot.  ::)  I had another, but I traded it in when it didn't stack up.

We all digress.

Steve, play it in good health!  [smiley=beer.gif]

ghack

Blues Newbie
Steve o i found it here it its, be warned however contains vast amounts of foul lang.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pfr7LtDPb4