Power supply

allen

Blues Newbie
ok guys what power supply do you use for your pedal board?
trying to clean up some mess on the floor  :eek:

gpower

Blues Junior
VooDoo Labs Pedal Power is probably the most popular by a long shot. The Dunlop Brick is also common, as is the little Visual Sound OneSpot (though it's better suited to small setups). There are quite a few others on the market now but, these get the most discussion.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My Rig:
Voodo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus mounted under my Pedaltrain 2 board.
This cleaned up things very well for me. I also mounted a buffer under there as well. I never need to touch that stuff so it's tucked out of site under the board.
FYI: I modified the board by adding an enclosure to the bottom. That keeps all my connections, power supply and buffer protected when I kick the board around

Jacass

Blues Newbie
I'm just starting out and only have 2 pedals. 1 of them is an iStomp pedal, so I use the power supply from that and have a 5 pedal link cable that cost £6. Hopefully it will power 5 pedals.
[smiley=beer.gif] Cass.

Blues_Man

Blues Newbie
G O D L Y K E

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/power-all-digital-power-supplies

great product, good customer service

i bought direct as well :)

JN99

Hang Fire
I don't know much about them but from reading up on specs and trying to find a ps flexible enough for my needs when I get around to putting together a board, the T-Rex Fueltank  Chameleon looks promising:  http://t-rex-effects.com/products/fueltank-chameleon-1.aspx

The thought is Ill have a TC Electronics Nova Repeater, which I have read can be problematic with many PS and the Chameleon looks like it will handle it just fine.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Some effects demand isolated transformers, like my Radial Engineering Tonebone Classic which needs 15V or 18V.  Or that require 18V (isolated or not) like my Pigtronix Class A boost.

About the only pedal board power that I have seen that can handle ANYTHING you need it to do is the one built into the Behringer pedal boards.  But they don't offer a board that's small enough for what I want.

What I went with is the Gator Pedal Board with Power Supply & Carry Bag.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GAT-GPTBLPWR-LIST?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&gclid=CMTUhsnJvrUCFSSCQgodNgoAQw
The power supply gives you nine 9V outlets and three 18V outlets, but they are not isolated.
No matter what, you're going to have to have an extension cord running to your board.  So I'll just use the dedicated 15V wall wart converter for my Tonebone and power everything else from the G-BUS-8 Power Supply.

This looks like a small board, and it is, but I have 7 pedals that I consider to be essential, three of them large pedals like the Visual Sound Double Trouble, and all 7 fit on this board very nicely.  My Boss Wah is powered by the board but sits on the floor beside the board.  Here's a list of my pedals:
Virtual Sound Double Trouble,
Radial Engineering Tonebone Classic,
Rivera Sustain Shaman compressor,
ISP Technologies Decimator noise reduction,
TC Electronics Vortex flanger,
TC Electronics Flashback delay,
Pigtronix Class A clean boost.

I didn't want a huge big ol' board, I wanted something small and compact, and this fills that bill perfectly.
The G-BUS-8 Power Supply is just a glorified One-Spot that has three 18V outlets on it.  There is only one transformer, so of course the outlets are not transformer isolated.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
My Rig:
This cleaned up things very well for me. I also mounted a buffer under there as well. I never need to touch that stuff so it's tucked out of site under the board.
FYI: I modified the board by adding an enclosure to the bottom. That keeps all my connections, power supply and buffer protected when I kick the board around

What he said - althought I haven't enclosed the bottom of my board (how did you do that, CM? :) )

kestrou

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've got 7 pedals on my current board and about to add another.  2 of the pedals are 18v so I have them running off their own power supplies.  For everything else, I use the Visual Sound OneSpot.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My Rig:

What he said - althought I haven't enclosed the bottom of my board (how did you do that, CM? :) )

kestrou
I used a piece of aluminum diamond plate from the hardware store. I found a pre-cut piece that fit the bottom of the pedal board. I didn't want to remove the rubber legs that came on the board, so I cut the corners off the aluminum piece so it lays flat. I attached that to the board with heavy duty valcro and then stuck some indoor/outdoor carpet on the bottom.
The carpet keeps it from sliding around.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My Rig:

kestrou
I used a piece of aluminum diamond plate from the hardware store. I found a pre-cut piece that fit the bottom of the pedal board. I didn't want to remove the rubber legs that came on the board, so I cut the corners off the aluminum piece so it lays flat. I attached that to the board with heavy duty valcro and then stuck some indoor/outdoor carpet on the bottom.
Pretty good idea.  Now I'm giving my board the stink eye and thinking about how to do something similar.  I'll need to use something real thin though so the board will still fit it's travel bag.  It wouldn't take much to protect the power supply and plugs under the board ... maybe masonite or counter topping or something.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
1Spot by Visual Sound is good at reasonable cost, easy to work with since I didn't have a lot of knowledge going in.  I have 4 pedals and hear it will support a few more. I picked it up with I picked up my Pedaltrain.  All were recommended on this post which I appreciate.
Ron

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My Rig:

kestrou
Pretty good idea.  Now I'm giving my board the stink eye and thinking about how to do something similar.  I'll need to use something real thin though so the board will still fit it's travel bag.  It wouldn't take much to protect the power supply and plugs under the board ... maybe masonite or counter topping or something.
I found a place to order custom-cut aluminum diamond plate if anyone is interested.
http://www.cut2sizemetals.com/aluminum/sheet/ash/