jamman users

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Basically I run clean and simple,  no pedals…  I plug my guitar directly into my blues jr and that typically satisfies my "tone" needs..  However, when I plug into the jamman and directly out to my headphones (no amp), the tone is rather uninspiring..  Its missing the warm creamy tone that I get from the tube amp…   So my question is how/what peddles are you kids throwing in front of the Jamman??    

Guitar -> Mystery Pedal?-> Jamman -> Headphones 

sloslunas

NM Blues
Jack...I have only one pedal...the Boss BD2. I put this in front of my Jamman. I don't use any headphones so don't know if this really answers anything?

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Never thought of doing that, but you're essentially using the Jamman looper as a headphone preamp on the dry guitar signal, right? I think you might try one of those guitar headphone amps (e.g., Vox amPlug - $40) in between the looper and your headphones, which will probably give you more of a guitar amp-like sound than pedals would.

Caveat: I've never tried one of those (the amPlug).

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Best bet is to put a pedal or effect processers in front of the looper, depending on which you prefer, Effects processor wil give you more bang for the buck.

I split my signal out of my effects processor

I go  Guitar -> effects out 2 -> looper -> amp2
                      Effects out 1 goes to seperate amp.

This way I can control volume and processing seprately on looper as opposed to second guitar signal.

Whan I am done overdubbing i disconnect guitar1 -> looper. or you could use A/B switch

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I used to run my looper behind an A/B/Y switch.

guitar>effects>A/B/Y
A>Amp 1
B>looper>Amp 2
Y>A/B

To directly answer your question...all of them.  That's how I have my board set up anyways...the looper is the last thing before the amp.  I would at least throw an OD pedal in front of it...or a pocket pod or headphone amp just to add some fullness to the sound.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Also if you had an amp with an effects loop you could run the looper in the loop, picking up the preamp gain.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Hey Jack, what'd you figure out with this? Anything that works? I'd love to do some headphone only practice if possible.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Hey Jack, what'd you figure out with this? Anything that works? I'd love to do some headphone only practice if possible.

Spence, got one of these..
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1359239501

and what a nice surprise I got when I plug the tube modeler in front of a tube amp!  (blues jr)..   Together, it just oozes warm vintage tone at any volume.. makes me think about getting one of these…

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyuIbRqzaLMg&ei=jmMdUZ79MKqF0QHnnYH4Bw&usg=AFQjCNG_IPgkne-7c1gn_fsJaQqlY9oIow&sig2=bdaTG_sgMcGdYDHiro8erg&bvm=bv.42452523,d.dmQ