Get a looper..

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
This is serious fun..  So simple I laid down my first test loop in no time...  it's almost sounds like I can actually play!  (almost)..    seriously, this will be a great tool for guys like me who never get a chance to play with others...

be gentle :)...

http://soundcloud.com/jackderby/loop2   

eastcoastguy

Blues Newbie
I have a BOSS RC-2 Loop Station . I use the drum loops for keeping time instead of a metronome . Much better band feel to your practice time.
Then get into laying down your own rhythm loop . Wonderful learning tool at a reasonable price

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
Cool man! Glad to hear you got  looper and are having fun with it, you can spend hours with it, don't forget to play with the reverse loop switch.

Carlos

gpower

Blues Junior
I have an RC-2 sitting in the drawer. I keep sayign I have to get it out and mess with it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice playing1
I use my looper every day.
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1356558300/22#22

jackderby52

Nice playing1
I use my looper every day.
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1356558300/22#22

I just checked out that youtube review on the boomerang. Very cool... the most impressive thing to me is as you put it,   
it’s made in the good ole USA... Didn't see that coming!  :)

L

Lame_Pinkey

Was just playing with my looper - yes they are fun but they can be very educational in your guitar playing too.

LP

jackderby52

Spence!  Where have you been????   Good to have you  back!    that was recorded straight into the jam man.   No amp required.    However check out the loud box mini.    Let me know if you want a clip of the amp.   Not that I can do it justice but you will get a feel for the tone.  Enjoy your jamman. 

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have been practicing getting my loops recorded so they are perfectly synched when they repeat.  So far I haven't been able to pull that off.  It's all a matter of how long after you hit the switch for your first note, and exactly when to stomp the switch to end the loop.  So I end up with a 12-bar track with a slight pause and then it repeats, else a 12-bar track with a note or two cut off.  The slight pause between repeats is easier to play over, but it doesn't make for a smooth turn-around to play over.

But frusterbated or not, it definitely improves my lead playing!  I find myself playing a whole lot of brand new little things all the time.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Spence!  Where have you been????   Good to have you  back!    that was recorded straight into the jam man.   No amp required.    However check out the loud box mini.    Let me know if you want a clip of the amp.   Not that I can do it justice but you will get a feel for the tone.  Enjoy your jamman. 

Hey my man, I'll pm you here in a little while. Still playing catch up. So are you playin through a mic? I need to get one I guess. What do you recommend? I suppose that'll still sound okay come through the Bjr?