Old Loopers??

Spencer

Blues Newbie
What up guys,
                    I'm going to be investing in a decent looper here in the next couple months, and for once I thought I'd come to the forum and actually be responsible before I spend a couple hundred  bucks.
                  After watching countless vids and reading different forums I'd really like to get my hands on one for a week or so before I make a decision to see my likes/dislikes and what works for me. I want to just spend hours in my home environment seeing what works best and not a few minutes of pressure time in my crappy guitar center that's 45 minutes away. I'd also like to play with a couple different types if possible.
                  So.... It's a huge shot in the dark but thought I would see if any of you guys either had an old one that you never used and would let me borrow for a week or 2, or just had more than one so you wouldn't mind letting me use the old one or selling it to me. I'm a trustworthy guy, but I TOTALLY understand if no one takes me up on this. I know it's a lot to ask. Anyway, if anyone would like to, just shoot me a pm and I'll send you a check for the shipping or however you wanna do it. If no one responds, that's perfectly fine also.  :) :)
                 I haven't been as active on here the past few months, I've still been playing a ton, but spending my "forum" time with my little baby boy that was born in August which is more fun than typing alone in my office!  ;D Hope all you guys have been well!!

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
If no one responds, GC, as crappy as yours may be, does have a 30-day, no questions asked, return policy. 

This applies to used stuff as well.  If you want to avoid in-store pressure, I've purchased several pedals online, tried 'em, not liked 'em and returned them for full refunds. 

Sometimes I bought them used from distant GC stores and the refund included the shipping from the original store. 

30 days should give you lots of home time to try out a looper.  You can stretch that more if you return one looper to try another. ;)

Spencer

Blues Newbie
If no one responds, keep in mind that GC, as crappy as it may be, does have a 30-day, no questions asked, return policy. 

This applies to used stuff as well.  I've purchased several pedals online, tried 'em, not liked 'em and returned them for full refunds.  Sometimes I bought them used from distant GC stores and the refund included the shipping from the original store. 

30 days should give you lots of home time to try out a looper.  You can stretch that more if you return one looper to try another. ;)

Just sayin'...

Yes that's an idea. I just know I'd like to try a couple, and I feel really bad knowing I'm buying something that I know I"m going to return. I definitely appreciate the tip though. Thanks.

samwell

been here.....
GC wouldn't be offering that 30-day, no questions asked, return policy if they weren't making enough profit to make the offer: Go for it Spencer, take a month at home with whatever they got & if you keep the merchandise, you're happy, if you ain't they'll be happy to get you back in the store for the return & to consider an alternative looper (or guitar, amp, mic, etc.).... [smiley=beer.gif]

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Yep.  If it's new, just keep the packaging in good shape and they will probably just sell it to someone else as new and not lose a dime.

It's a bit of a hassle considering the distance to the store, but if you do the original buying part online, then just swap at the store, it's only half the hassle.

I have never had them be anything but cheerful about returns or exchanges.  They know I'll spend the money on something eventually.

My guitar started out as a $600 guitar at GC #1. Not wanting to spend that much, I bought one in a different finish for about $100 less. 

Walked into our GC #2 a few days later and there was the one I originally wanted for $500! Asked if I could trade the one I'd purchased for it and they said "Sure!"  We just swapped and I had the finish I really preferred.

Walked into GC #1 a couple of weeks later and the original $600 guitar was marked down to $285. 

Told them I'd bought the same model less than a month before and asked if I could trade for the one that was $285. They said, "Don't bother swapping guitars, we'll just give you the difference."

The next week it was back on the rack at $600.  ::)

They really don't mind.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Heck I did it with two amps about 10 years ago from MF and GC and told them both what I was going to do. They were both OK with it.

Fortunately the MF Traynor beat out the GC Vox so I didn't have to pay return shipping. Just drive an hour to Jersey to return it. The worst part of the whole story is having to go to NJ. Even the poepl who live there hate to have to go home  ;D

KC

ianljj

Blues Newbie
A local ma & pa store did that for me.  He told me that up front.  I even got a discount on the upgrade!  :cool:
Ian

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I can't add anything Spencer but to assure you that I have purchased a dozen or so guitars from MF and GC as well as amps and accessories. Never have I gotten as much as a raised eyebrow when I ask to return or exchange an item. They do discourage you from ordering 4 or 5 of the same item and trying them all out to see which you like best then returning the rest.
I don't do that anymore.  :-[    -ed

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hey Spencer, I have a Line6 JM4 Looper that I'd be glad to lend to you for as long as you'd like. I really think this thing could be great if I would just take the time to learn how to use it. I don't think that I want to sell it, but you are welcome to check it out.
I can mail it to you or maybe we can meet someplace the next time you are up in this area.