Feels Like Rain

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks for the encouraging comments.
My singing is pretty rough so I always use my TC Helicon harmony G-XT to clean it up.
Not sure if you can hear it, but I’ve got some back-up vocals going on there, also using the G-XT.
Now I have a question:
Why do I lose about 30 – 40% of the volume on my recordings when I upload them to 4Share?

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Your song and performance was most motolicious!  [smiley=beer.gif]

I also like my TC Harmony G (I had a G-XT but it crapped out, so I picked up the G used for $99.) If I get lazy about pumping the guitar through it, it can create some real off-key harmonies.  ::)  But I'm starting to realize that raspy and rough can be advantageous in blues vocals.  Sing too pretty and they throw stuff at you. ;)

As for 4shared, I haven't noticed any real losses in tracks I've downloaded and recorded along with. Maybe I'm not paying attention.

I usually do max out their volume slider on their player when listening. It may just be the player, not the file.  You could try downloading your file and compare its volume to the original by putting the tracks side-by-side in Audacity.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Your song and performance was most motolicious!  [smiley=beer.gif]

I also like my TC Harmony G (I had a G-XT but it crapped out, so I picked up the G used for $99.) If I get lazy about pumping the guitar through it, it can create some real off-key harmonies.  ::)  [glow=yellow,2,300]But I'm starting to realize that raspy and rough can be advantageous in blues vocals.  Sing too pretty and they throw stuff at you.[/glow] ;)

As for 4shared, I haven't noticed any real losses in tracks I've downloaded and recorded along with. Maybe I'm not paying attention.

I usually do max out their volume slider on their player when listening. It may just be the player, not the file.  You could try downloading your file and compare its volume to the original by putting the tracks side-by-side in Audacity.
I dunno 'bout that.  I've heard Conway Twitty do some absolutely awesome blues songs ... sends shivers up and down the spine.  He has an awesome voice, but I don't think raspy and rough is in his vocabulary.

B

bloozman

Man I love that song. that was a nice performance of a great song. moments of some Buddy Guy influence seem to be shining through in the vocals (hope you're a Buddy Guy fan)LOL. Enjoyed. thanks for sharing. :cool:

B

bloozman

Ha! i just read the part about Buddy Guy being one of your all time favorites, only after making my original comment.lol. So, you are a Buddy Guy Fan.
Hey!
With three easy steps this could be pretty good:
1.      Improve my guitar playing
2.      Have somebody else sing
3.      Improve my recording skills

Buddy Guy is one of my all-time favorites; I hope he never hears this.
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/ZSzphqAo/feels_like_rain.html

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
To modest my friend.

Great playing and loved the singing, you've got a unique quality to your voice such that you'd easily keep a crowd.  :cool:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Don,
My ego thanks you.
It's so strange to have anyone suggest my singing is good.
Most people around me make weird faces and move away quickly if I make any attempt at singing.
Hey, I'll look at the bright side, maybe my recording skills are improving enough to compensate.