Down to the Depot

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Thought I would take a shot at "Down to the Depot".  So here it is.

*sometimes it takes me more than one try at getting it loaded from Dropbox.  I'll just keep updating this
post until I get it right.

https://db.tt/bqW1Xfdf

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Sounding pretty cool from my end Kevin. Nicely done....playing and tone.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

miko

Blues Newbie
This is very good. I am impressed. It's live show worthy.

I just started to learn the song. It's my fourth in the series.

How did you find it compared to the others?

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Thanks alot Miko.  Well, I haven't really worked on any of the others yet.  I finally decided to work on
BGIAB since I bought it, gave them all a listen and when I got to the end and without a lot of thought
decided to start with this one.  But from listening to all of them and following along with the music, other
than the fast tempo, I don't think it presents anything technically harder than what you've come across
in the previous four.  There is one lick that repeats note for note several times and a couple of others
that repeat with just a very slight variation.  So that really helps.  It's challenging, but fun.
Have fun with your go round with this one.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Superb. Great playing. You've kept it really tight. Loving that tone.

I look forward to hearing the rest.

Well done.

Hey Kevin, you really nailed it.  The mix quality is good, your playing us smooth and accurate, and it sounds like you are having a GREAT time.

Thanks for sharing the recording.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Outstanding Kevin!  A testimony to your hard work and Griff's teaching.

See you down the road [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I didn't hear anything that the most critical critic would criticize.  All the bends were spot on. Well done. Where have you been lurking?

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Thanks JestMe, HotLks and david moon for those nice comments. I appreciate it.

David, recorded a few things in the VJR way back in the spring.  Got a couple things in BGIAB
and one solo from BGU still visible.  But you're right, as of late mostly lurking.  Spending a lot of time in the woodshed practicing. 

Darcey

Blues Newbie
Thought I would take a shot at "Down to the Depot".  So here it is.

*sometimes it takes me more than one try at getting it loaded from Dropbox.  I'll just keep updating this
post until I get it right.

https://db.tt/bqW1Xfdf

Nice job, sounds like a professional recording

wannaplayblues

Blues Newbie
WOW!  I dream of being that fluent  :(

Sterling work.  Really enjoyed listening to it.
Agreed!

That was totally AWESOME and totally professional! Hope I'm that good one day.
Seriously, loved every moment of it!
:cool:

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Thanks JestMe, HotLks and david moon for those nice comments. I appreciate it.

David, recorded a few things in the VJR way back in the spring.  Got a couple things in BGIAB
and one solo from BGU still visible.  But you're right, as of late mostly lurking. [glow=yellow,2,300] Spending a lot of time in the woodshed practicing. 
[/glow]

something we should all be doin if we want to get where you are....damn fine playing, definiately inspiring [smiley=thumbsup.gif]