World Gone (an original)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
your recording has gotten incredible

I would pay for online videos and walk throughs to get that quality.....................and honestly, there is a lack of good stuff out there for beginners

Hey my buddy Marty built an online guitar empire, so did Griff , might be a thought

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
your recording has gotten incredible

I would pay for online videos and walk throughs to get that quality.....................and honestly, there is a lack of good stuff out there for beginners

Hey my buddy Marty built an online guitar empire, so did Griff , might be a thought
Thanks,
It’s taken me years to get halfway decent and although my stuff has gotten better, I’ve got a long way to go.
If I was better at all the technology I’d consider putting something out there to help people but I think my audience would be pretty tiny.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
@sdbrit68 @blackcoffeeblues @Many Moons @sloslunas

Hey kind folks,
I greatly appreciate all your support and kind comments.

I've discovered that when I upload a song to SoundCloud they alter it.
Usually it's not a big difference except for volume adjustments.
Anyways,
On this one I really noticed a difference, in some cases the vocal was faded out, while the instruments where overpowering.
So.......I went in and made adjustments to the mix to try and compensate.

I would greatly appreciate it if you gave it a fresh listen and make any comments that you feel would be helpful.

Thank you so much.

moto

Here's the revised version on SoundCloud.
https://soundcloud.com/captainmoto/world-gone-1

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I brought that up awhile back down here on OMR. I have noticed it many times. Maybe they were trying to help me out some.:LOL:

I tried to leave a comment but don't know how to do.
That is a beautiful song. And yes it was much much better than the 1st one. I could listen to that over and over there is so much truth in it..

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I brought that up awhile back down here on OMR. I have noticed it many times. Maybe they were trying to help me out some.:LOL:

I tried to leave a comment but don't know how to do.
That is a beautiful song. And yes it was much much better than the 1st one. I could listen to that over and over there is so much truth in it..
Thanks Dave :thumbup:

sloslunas

NM Blues
@sdbrit68 @blackcoffeeblues @Many Moons @sloslunas

Hey kind folks,
I greatly appreciate all your support and kind comments.

Usually it's not a big difference except for volume adjustments.
Anyways,
On this one I really noticed a difference, in some cases the vocal was faded out, while the instruments where overpowering.
So.......I went in and made adjustments to the mix to try and compensate.

I would greatly appreciate it if you gave it a fresh listen and make any comments that you feel would be helpful.

Thank you so much.

moto

Here's the revised version on SoundCloud.
https://soundcloud.com/captainmoto/world-gone-1
Well, I would take the first take to the bank. I would take this take to the World bank!! Your vocals are amazing...

Steve

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
This version highlights the pain in your voice much better than the original. When I played the original I really had to concentrate to hear the words, whereas this one was as clear as a bell. This is a beautiful little song Moto, even though it's an obviously painful subject. Well done sir.(y)(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
This version highlights the pain in your voice much better than the original. When I played the original I really had to concentrate to hear the words, whereas this one was as clear as a bell. This is a beautiful little song Moto, even though it's an obviously painful subject. Well done sir.(y)(y)
Pain? Aren’t we all feeling some?
At least I can right a song to let some out.
Thank you(y)

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Man, this hit hard. Loved every part of it, including the pangs of "WTF?" it had me feeling. Bravo. :Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Excellent! LIked that one a lot! Sonically and musically. You're definitely on point with this one!

You mentioned SoundCloud altering your levels. If you're using Studio One, their latest dot release (5.5) includes the ability to finalize your project to the target loudness in use by a bunch of streaming services. It requires use of the Project Page rather than just the song page, but it's not terribly difficult to master, or so I'm told. I haven't yet ventured into that section of the update.
Here's a link from Joe Gilder at Presonus that explains it. It's an overall list of changes in this release, but I time stamped the link so you don't have to listen to everything that comes before it.
https://youtu.be/hgimSNr1QRM?t=376

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Excellent! LIked that one a lot! Sonically and musically. You're definitely on point with this one!

You mentioned SoundCloud altering your levels. If you're using Studio One, their latest dot release (5.5) includes the ability to finalize your project to the target loudness in use by a bunch of streaming services. It requires use of the Project Page rather than just the song page, but it's not terribly difficult to master, or so I'm told. I haven't yet ventured into that section of the update.
Here's a link from Joe Gilder at Presonus that explains it. It's an overall list of changes in this release, but I time stamped the link so you don't have to listen to everything that comes before it.
https://youtu.be/hgimSNr1QRM?t=376
Thanks Papa,
I saw that new feature, haven't used it yet.

Need to study exactly what they are doing.
Some of the "Experts" I subscribe to suggest it's a waist of time to adjust your volume to match their requirements because, they are going to run it through their system anyway............So I'm cloudy on that point.

Having said that, I do use the "Project Page" in S1 for all my streaming music submissions.
It is very helpful, particularly for adding album art and metadata that follows the track for royalties tracking.
Also, it's a great tool for publishing albums.
Although, as of late, I'm only releasing single songs, on those occasions where I have released albums, It helps you get consistency across tracks and organize their appearance in the album.

I should note that, I'm far from a mastering guru but, I can say that any changes you make to the entire finished track need to be gentle, it's easy to think some loudness is helping when in fact, it can mess things up pretty quickly.

Last edited: