You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - a late Christmas recording

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Another great job !
Yes a tad late for Xmas but a fine listen.

You're sounding pretty wide and tasty on this.

Are you using that reverb spreading technique I shared with you?

Whether yes or no, this has more width and room ambience than some of your other recordings, I like it!
It's a nice big acoustic sound.
(y)

Last edited:

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Nice Wim!

This recording has a much more powerful and dynamic guitar sound compared to the last one and much reduced background sounds (finger squeaks, breathing, etc.).:thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
That's excellent Wim !! Well played. I like the tone and the arrangement. Have you heard/heard of Davey Graham? I think you should check him out.

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
Thanks, @CaptainMoto and @dvs ,

I recorded this with one microphone, but I positioned it closer to the guitar and pointed it more downwards to avoid picking up the sound of my breath.
The original track was duplicated into 2 tracks and I panned the first one 100% left and the second one 100% right. I also played around with Reverb and Delay to add more width.

Wim.

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
That's excellent Wim !! Well played. I like the tone and the arrangement. Have you heard/heard of Davey Graham? I think you should check him out.
Thanks, Chris.

I know Davey Graham mainly from his song Anji. Thanks for reminding me about him. I will put Anji on my list of songs to learn.

Wim.