Finally got one of these baby's

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
Had an amp I've been trying to sell on FB that wasn't getting any bites (Peavy Red Stripe Bandit) and an old Crate and little Marshall SS amp I didn't need hanging around anymore so I took them to GC and traded in with some cash for this. It's one of the Inspired by Gibson models in Cherry. Sounds real nice and the price was right after negotiations.

ES335 Cherry.JPG

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Nice guitar.

I have an Epi 335 also in cherry.
I don't know who it was inspired by but it sounds great and it's very comfortable to play.

Enjoy your new addition!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I hope you enjoy it! I love mine. Lately, I'm either playing it or my old American Standard Strat 90% of the time.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Inspired me to drag out the partially-complete 335 Studio body I've had stashed in the attic. Just needs a bridge and tuners, I think, and it should be playable. As if I have time for a project guitar. :Beer:

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
The "Inspired by Gibson" is just one of their new marketing schemes for the new model. I looked at the traditional Pro as well which was on sale $100 cheaper but I went for this one for a little more. It does not have the push pull switches for the single tap which I never use anyway, I have Strats for that. I think it's designed after a late 50's feel and sound. Where the traditional pro adds some modern flair and cheaper parts.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
It does not have the push pull switches for the single tap
I wandered into my local GC the Sunday after T-day this year, and they had a sale on the Trad Pro line. I took one home with me. I think I had it for 3 weeks before I realized it had the push/pull pots on it. I don't use them either. The only Epi 335 they had that wasn't in that line was one of the figured Blueburst ones. I tried them side by side and couldn't tell a difference, so ended up with the one with the price tag 1/3 lower. I also thought it was funny that they put an IG s/n in it. Maybe they're just doing that to all the models right now.

I had a Gibby 335 for 3 or 4 years before I finally traded it away. There were things about it that always bothered me. All the screwed up things on it seem to be fixed on this Epi model. Sitting in the quiet of my music room, I don't think the Alnico Classic Pro pups are as articulate as I remember the 57 Classics in the Gibby being, but they're good enough I've got no plans to immediately swap them. It amazed me when I pulled the Epi off the wall at the store and after I got it home that I now have a 335 that I don't feel like I'm fighting to play that cost me right at 25% what I paid for the other. Maybe I just ended up with a Friday afternoon Gibson, but Epiphone just keeps getting better with their price to value ratio.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Had an amp I've been trying to sell on FB that wasn't getting any bites (Peavy Red Stripe Bandit) and an old Crate and little Marshall SS amp I didn't need hanging around anymore so I took them to GC and traded in with some cash for this. It's one of the Inspired by Gibson models in Cherry. Sounds real nice and the price was right after negotiations.

View attachment 15762

I have the same one. & I love it.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Mine isn't a Gibby or an Epi ... the project is still in the works, full disclosure coming soon. I had my guitar tech at Guitar Center install my new pickups. He called me yesterday morning to tell me he had them all installed and is doing the finish work on his fretwork and setup. His comment was "THOSE PICKUPS SOUND INCREDIBLE".

When I was there I looked at their display case for pickups ... Duncan, Duncan and more Duncan. None of them the brand I had him install. He seemed incredulous on the phone. Maybe he learned something. :)

He sent me an email today and said
" I was very impressed with the mules! The neck position sounds amazing and the bridge is awesome with a little overdrive on it. I think you will be very happy with the way they sound!
I definitely will be putting some BK pickups into one of my guitars in the near future."

All that said, of the 16 eectrics I own, only two still have their stock pickups. One of those is my Epi 339 Pro ... those pickups aren't going anywhere, they sound just great. If those are the same pickups that are in the Epi 335, your new red beauty will definitely shine.

Last edited: