MY BGU 2.0 EXERCISE VID 1-5

ChrisG

Blues Newbie
Sounding good:thumbup: I also have had that course for a long time and have yet to complete it.

What DAW do you have?
Thanks. Yeah I have more courses that I can ever complete so I'm trying a new approach.

I am using REAPER. It seems pretty easy. I'm using my Yamaha THR 10 amp directly into my Mac Book.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
That was great on all counts Chris. Spot on playing …and recording (with video!). I appreciate the approach you’re taking. I used to do that! After a couple of courses I kept getting distracted - by Griff! I’ve been compiling courses, but not sticking with anything. I’m going to use your approach for CRGU and try to get back into learning! Thanks for the motivational reminder! I’m looking forward to more of your recordings!

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
That's super good Chris. Great job on playing, and recording both audio and video.

No cans? Are you listening to the sound out of the amp?

Something that I do with that lesson, is play the Example 1-1 rhythm throughout the first chorus of the backing track, then switch to the Example 1-2 rhythm for the second chorus. 2-for-1 value.

Great to see your face :thumbup::thumbup:(y)

ChrisG

Blues Newbie
That was great on all counts Chris. Spot on playing …and recording (with video!). I appreciate the approach you’re taking. I used to do that! After a couple of courses I kept getting distracted - by Griff! I’ve been compiling courses, but not sticking with anything. I’m going to use your approach for CRGU and try to get back into learning! Thanks for the motivational reminder! I’m looking forward to more of your recordings!
Thanks for watching and the kind feedback. Humbled to think I am helping provide some inspiration for a fellow guitarist. I’ll be looking for your CRGU posts!

ChrisG

Blues Newbie
That's super good Chris. Great job on playing, and recording both audio and video.

No cans? Are you listening to the sound out of the amp?

Something that I do with that lesson, is play the Example 1-1 rhythm throughout the first chorus of the backing track, then switch to the Example 1-2 rhythm for the second chorus. 2-for-1 value.

Great to see your face :thumbup::thumbup:(y)

Thank you man. Yeah I to play both examples too just like you described. I am really a newbie at recording. Yes I’m listening to the backing track through my Amp that is playing back the track from my computer. I have some headphone monitors but honestly I’m not sure what difference that does. I know it must be something because everyone does it that way…I’m just too much of a rookie to know yet.

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
Thanks. Yeah I have more courses that I can ever complete so I'm trying a new approach.

I am using REAPER. It seems pretty easy. I'm using my Yamaha THR 10 amp directly into my Mac Book.

For value hard to beat Reaper! The Kenny Gioia guidance videos made getting up to speed on basic recording pretty easy.

Technically I've finished only one course - Guitar Theory Made Useful - did it concurrent while working on others. Did the modes lessons multiple times. Finished that one because timing or technique skill not needed to complete!:D

I find playing and recording VJR tracks to be helpful and motivating.

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
Here is my BGU 2.0 Lesson 2 Example.

https://youtu.be/0xoAAYfom2E

You have that lesson down! I have one suggestion from my own experience, and you may have already done it for this lesson, is counting out loud for the early lessons. It helped me become more comfortable counting and playing at the same time which was very helpful in the later lessons, when keeping the beat became more complex. Timing remains my biggest challenge.:(

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Well done, Chris. Keep up the good work. You might want to go back and check out Griff's play-through at the end of the lesson video, and watch his right hand in the "overlay" window. See how it keeps going up and down in time, even over the rests? Try to do that, because you're going to need it in (spoiler alert) later lessons.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Seems like it's just you and me - it's just about 1pm Thursday here - still Wednesday at your place?

OK, that was good. And I see you've got the right hand going up and down in time - you need it to get the upstroke on the AND of two in time, don't you? Well done.

That came back real quick, with the same hat so I guess you already had it in the can. Take your time with the next Lesson, it's worth some extra effort.