Back Alley Blues

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I still have some problems to iron out of this and I really need to learn how to do the fast tremolo picking in the second half of the solo, but I got this to the point where I was finally comfortable submitting it for Griff's Fix-it session today.

The tone features my Spark Amp using the Blues Ark preset, along with my MiM strat with @Rancid Rumpboogie 's Klein Epic '57 pickups. The comping is using an SRV Clean preset on the Spark Amp.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I still have some problems to iron out of this and I really need to learn how to do the fast tremolo picking in the second half of the solo, but I got this to the point where I was finally comfortable submitting it for Griff's Fix-it session today.

The tone features my Spark Amp using the Blues Ark preset, along with my MiM strat with @Rancid Rumpboogie 's Klein Epic '57 pickups. The comping is using an SRV Clean preset on the Spark Amp.

Very well done!!!

Steve

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior

Very nice Elio & i watched Griff's take on this yesterday as well. Its a great track and you have inspired me to have a go at this. Where did your backing tracks (drums & bass), come from?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Very nice Elio & i watched Griff's take on this yesterday as well. Its a great track and you have inspired me to have a go at this. Where did your backing tracks (drums & bass), come from?

Thanks! That's from 5 Easy Blues Songs. I just used the jam track from the course with drums and bass, and no rhythm or lead guitar..

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Great job!
Only complaint is I kept hoping for another window to open and the Congas to make an appearance.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Great job!
Only complaint is I kept hoping for another window to open and the Congas to make an appearance.

One of these days I'll work them in but so far I've only learned to do two videos at a time!

Wineguy

Blues Newbie
Elio,

I loved your Georgia performance, but this is even better. Any chance that you could share the tabs? I really would like to learn this. By the way, nice work with the 2 videos.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Elio,

I loved your Georgia performance, but this is even better. Any chance that you could share the tabs? I really would like to learn this. By the way, nice work with the 2 videos.

Thank you! The tabs, notation, and lessons are all in Griff's course, 5 Easy Blues Songs, where he teaches 5 different instrumental songs he created. If you're an AAP member, you should see it along with all the other courses.

Thanks for the nice words about the video. That was my first attempt at synching videos using picture in picture. Next time I'll try it with split screens

B.J.Thomas

Blues Newbie

Great playing and demo of the Spark! (haven't bought one yet but when I hear tones like yours it gets me closer!)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Great playing and demo of the Spark! (haven't bought one yet but when I hear tones like yours it gets me closer!)

I've been really impressed with some of the tones I have been able to get out of that thing. With the USB interface, it really great for recording.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Dang Elio dude you are on fire wow! You are da man!!! When are we busking next?

Thanks! Busking sounds fun, so just as soon as I accumulate enough $1 bills and loose change to get people to stay and listen to me, let's do it! :cool:

Last edited: